Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cortisone Shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a little reading. Bursitis is an inflammation of bursae. Bursae are fluid filled sacs in joints that cushion them.

So it makes sense that we are not talking PT. Not a structural injury.
    token iMSN "not a medical spouse"

Comment

Yes that’s correct in terms of the definition of the bursitis. In my case, I had such an imbalance in my ITB/quads/hips that I caused the inflammation because my biomechanics weren’t great. I had a precipitating injury (came off a curb funny maybe? Don’t really know just killed when I got home from a 4mi run one day) and then my biomechanics messed it all up.

So in my case, PT was helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
        Yes that’s correct in terms of the definition of the bursitis. In my case, I had such an imbalance in my ITB/quads/hips that I caused the inflammation because my biomechanics weren’t great. I had a precipitating injury (came off a curb funny maybe? Don’t really know just killed when I got home from a 4mi run one day) and then my biomechanics messed it all up.

So in my case, PT was helpful.

How much pain relief did you get from the shot? I still have some.
        So PT redid your biomechanics? Interesting.

Comment

Still had some but it faded with rest.

PT did some strength rebalancing, etc. but also did therapeutic massage, stim, and ice/heat. None of which is 100% necessary but I’m not good at making the time to do things myself so having a PT do it helped.

Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Just thought I would drop in to say that my injection has helped alot. I am running, and increasing distance. So I'm pretty happy.

Comment

Awesome! I’m so glad it’s worked out for you! Just don’t overdo it!! Remember 2 up, one down/flat on increasing distance!

I love how this entire thread is basically: don’t be T&S and be dumb about your running.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                Awesome! I’m so glad it’s worked out for you! Just don’t overdo it!! Remember 2 up, one down/flat on increasing distance!

Seriously, I was so tempted to jump my running distance. But I remembered you, and other people, including my doctor, and decided to be prudent. Thanks for sharing your experience, it helped me!

Comment

Well done! I’m so glad it helped.

Comment

Working...
                  X