Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What type of exercise are you doing and how frequent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of exercise are you doing and how frequent?

I’m walking 30-40 min 5 days a week. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but I started with 10 minutes. I’m planning on joining the gym and adding weights soon. I’m curious about how others are exercising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I was running 3-4 miles 3-4 days a week, but when the weather turned, I crapped out and quit. Now I guess I'm hiking with DH about once a week. I do stay active generally and get over 6k steps just doing daily activities, but I really do need a cardio outlet (and dang, my dog REALLY needs to get out of the house.) I will suck it up soon. >.<
    Alison

Comment

I’ve been exercising 30-60 minutes per day, 6-7 days per week since January. The combination of putting in a home gym + using the Aaptiv app has been a game changer for me. For the first time in my life, I’m someone who loves to work out and actually looks forward to it.

Comment

I was doing Pilates/yoga/barre almost every day before mom’s accident. I really miss having dedicated meditation time. I’m definitely feeling the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

In August I switched to a strength-only program. 4x week. We've got a great set up. I meet with the coach on Tuesdays, Thursdays combined session with a friend, then homework for the weekend. It's about 30-45 minutes of big lifts, usually a push then pull movement, and the rest is accessory, or as he calls "pre-rehab." Here's a sample day so you can see exactly what I mean.
          Clean(pause at knee) 4-6 x 2 70-80%
          Back squat 3-4x5 65-80%
          Single arm press 2-3x6 Easy
          pallov press 3-4 x 15 ish reps depending on band strength you may need to do less or more than 15
          kB swing 4-5x20 heavy
          weighted step up 3-4 x 8 each leg
          hollow rock 3-4 x 10+ bw shoot for more reps than last week
          Tabata bike 20 on 10 off (8 rounds)

I'd like to incorporate yoga on Monday mornings but I'm so sick of buying a class pack only to realize I only used 2 before they expired.

Comment

I'm doing BodyPump 1x week, Barre3 1x week, and running 2x week. Ideally I'd be going to BodyPump or Barre one more time and running 3x but life gets in the way.
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
              I'm doing BodyPump 1x week, Barre3 1x week, and running 2x week. Ideally I'd be going to BodyPump or Barre one more time and running 3x but life gets in the way.
              What is BodyPump?

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Group barbell class. It's good for all levels

https://www.lesmills.com/us/workouts...sses/bodypump/
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Peloton, somewhere between 1 and 5 days a week. I'll usually do a ride between 20 and 45 mins long, then sometimes 5-15 mins if a strength workout and a 5 min stretch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                  Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I go to Orangetheory 5-6 times a week with my
                    husband and friends, yoga about once a week with my 15 year old daughter, and occasional 5K hilly walks around my neighborhood with a friend.

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Generally, aim to do either : 30 minutes of moderate-intensity cardio activity at least five days per week (150 minutes per week) at least 25 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity three days per week (75 minutes per week)

Comment

Working...
                      X