Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

PrincessFiona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrincessFiona

I wonder what happened to the posts in this forum ... I have a sinking suspicion it might be on auto-prune....sigh

Anyway...I'm down 14.5 pounds today.

Yeah!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Yeah, Kris!!

What is it with that autoprune?

Comment

WTG Kris! :ra:

Comment

Yeah, I wonder what happened to the posts.

But CONGRATULATIONS, KRIS!! Great news!

I haven't been paying much attention to what I've been eating. In CA, I didn't care at all; I was too happy to see fresh seafood and eating out at restaurants everyday made it difficult to monitor what I was eating. My eyes were bigger than my stomach. We walked a lot though - up and down the hills in San Francisco.

I weighed myself today and I'm down 5 pounds from when I initially posted. Not much and not enough! I'm going to get back to work on this... Maybe it's time to invest in the quark machine?!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Ugh...frustration has set in. I'm not losing which just seems like an impossibility.

Here is my menu from yesterday:

Breakfast: 1/2 grapfruit with 1 slice of plain toast and coffee with no cream

no snacks

Lunch: 1/2 cup cottage cheese with strawberries cut up in it

no snacks

Dinner

2 chicken breasts (roasted) with salad with no dressing

no snacks.

And...I've been walking 30 minutes daily.

How can I NOT lose weight? Holy shit...it's unbelievable to me. I've been eating like this for days and...nothing....it is very frustrating. If anyone ever tells me it's about calories in/calories out again I'm going to hit them over the head with my scale and tell them to fawk off. DH has lost weight this week just from eatin gthe low calorie dinners.....It is so freakin' NOT FAIR.

Who doesn't lose weight when they eat like this? Holy balls...if you knew how much I ate before you'd realize I'm eating 1/4 of what I used to.

Sob, Sob, Sob....

kris

Comment

I still use the South Beach diet plan and it has worked for me. It is also a very easy diet, and after the first two weeks (phase one) it is really easy and I don't feel deprived. Hang in there, you will find what works for you.
            Dh likes it too!!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'd try upping the calories to shake up your metabolism. That's only like 700 calories or so. Maybe you've shut down. Try like 1,200 and see what happens?
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Thanks....that's exactly what I decided to do after reading the suggestions. I added a slice of whole weat toast and egg to my lunch. I feel sooooo much better!

kris

Comment

Good for you- definitely do not starve yourself because it will backfire- first because your body will hold on to every calorie and second because you'll be so pissed off that you'll give up.

Try for three meals a day at 300-500 calories a meal and at least one snack of 100-150 calories and see what that does for you.

Jenn

Comment

Funny....I never had to put much thought into what I ate to gain the weight

Also, I don't remember stepping on the scale 6 times a day saying "damn, I ate 3 helpings of those german noodles....why haven't I gained!"

patience, patience....

kris

Comment

Just my two cents, but I think you should add a snack or two. Maybe some fruit or carrot sticks and a little chunk of low-fat cheese or nuts.

That has helped me.

And I don't know how much truth there is to this, but you might want a little dressing (some fat) on the salad because I think some of the vitamins in salad-y stuff are fat soluable and you need some fat with it (??).

Comment

I was thinking of adding a Krispy Kreme too I hear they are good as mood elevators :>

Comment

That's the spirit!

Comment

Well, I've now lost a total now of 16.5 pounds....2 more gone...a sort of a mini-whoosh.

I'll take it!

kris

Comment

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X