Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

jesher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jesher

continuation of my "so far off the wagon" post from the temp forums ...

so, I went to the trainer appointment on Friday (as posted), spent the weekend being v. sore.

I returned for my trainer appt. yesterday, worked out so hard that i nearly passed out & puked (can we say embarrassing?), but pulled through and finished off w/the cardio he wanted me to do.

I've committed to 3 days / week, 2 with strength training / little cardio, 1 w/all cardio (40 min.)

Today I biked 4 miles on the stationary bike in the basement. I don't know how that fits in, but I felt inspired, so I did it.

Being so sick while exercising really made me feel like I MUST do something. It's just ridiculous. I've held to my original promise - no fast food, and no sugar soda. I've been eating better ... not great, but definitely better than fast food 1 to 2 times a day.

I guess outing myself will help. At least I hope it does.

now eating watermelon for a snack while dh goes out for ice cream for himself.

gym tomorrow!

Comment

went to the gym. did the whole trainer-planned workout + 4.5 miles on the bike.

took 800 mg advil when i got home.

Comment

4 miles in the basement (bike). will try to go do more this afternoon.

Comment

Go, Jenn! :ra:

How are the muscles feeling today?
          Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

still pretty darn sore ... thanks for asking.

Comment

Dang woman, good for you! :walk:
              Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
              Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

:ra:

Go Jenn Go (But take it easy on the exercise. Exercising to exhaustion like that sounds miserable. Maybe you are allergic? :> )

kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

well, even though I basically destroyed all of my hard work when I went out to dinner w/SueC last night (mmmmm YUM!), I got back on the horse today w/another 4 miles on the bike.

Comment

gym again today -- followed trainers mega-workout + 4 miles on bike. :walk: i'm really giving myself props for going this time (as sad as it seems). It was late in the afternoon before I MADE myself go .. and this is usually the breaking point for me. "Ah - I wanted to go before 10A, and we're past that, so I'll just go tomorrow."

God - I hope this is working. I refuse to get on a scale. I can feel a physical difference, but I don't know if it's a reduction in size as much as reclaiming muscle under all of the fat. Either way - it's good for me, so I'm going to keep it up.

Comment

gym again today -- followed trainers mega-workout + 4 miles on bike. :walk: i'm really giving myself props for going this time (as sad as it seems). It was late in the afternoon before I MADE myself go .. and this is usually the breaking point for me. "Ah - I wanted to go before 10A, and we're past that, so I'll just go tomorrow."

God - I hope this is working. I refuse to get on a scale. I can feel a physical difference, but I don't know if it's a reduction in size as much as reclaiming muscle under all of the fat. Either way - it's good for me, so I'm going to keep it up.

Comment

gym again today + 4 miles on the bike.

i've been eating well (healthy) for the most part.

the mega-trainer workout is getting easier. at least i no longer feel like vomiting and passing out.

Comment

Yay for you! I need to get the trainers to set something up for me.

Pat yourself on the back.

Jenn

Comment

gym again today - cardio day. 40 minutes on the bike = 8 miles. i did about 60 sit ups and leg lifts too, then realized i was about to be late to pick up my kid from his FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

crappy mom!

walked to / fro school in 95 degree heat, too. Probably only 1/2 mile total, but still a lot of sweat.

Comment

gym again today. whole mega-trainer workout (I figured out it takes me about an hour) + 6.5 miles on bike.

i should be skinny by now.

Comment

Working...
                              X