Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I have a long way to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a long way to go

but as of this morning...

I HAVE LOST 31 POUNDS!

And, you can't tell I've lost a damed pound. Still in the same size.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Wow! Congratulations and keep it up! :ra:
    Cristina
    IM PGY-2

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slow and steady wins the race.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Re: I have a long way to go

Originally posted by heidi
        but as of this morning...

I HAVE LOST 31 POUNDS!

And, you can't tell I've lost a damed pound. Still in the same size.
        I've been there, and I really liked that phase of weight loss--it was almost like it was a secret and I was doing this great thing just for myself, you know? Like an inventor with a great new creation they're still working on in their basement. A labor of love.

Congrats on the healthy life!
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

That's great - you'll get to a point where everyone will notice, keep plugging along!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Congratulations, Heidi!

Comment

Keep it up! You're headed in the right direction!

Comment

W-O-W!!!!

:ra:

That's fabulous! I would probably be pissed that I hadn't changed a size though. I always end up wearing the same old baggy stuff when I'm dieting because I can't stand pulling on things that are still form fitting after so much hard work.

How are you managing? Still inspired?
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by goofy

That's fabulous! I would probably be pissed that I hadn't changed a size though. I always end up wearing the same old baggy stuff when I'm dieting because I can't stand pulling on things that are still form fitting after so much hard work.

How are you managing? Still inspired?
                    Thanks everyone!

Pissed? Ya think? The clothes aren't even loose on me yet, so I have no idea where I am losing from. My toes? It's retarded to say the least.

Inspired? I wouldn't say that! I am in a major funk right now, and I want to eat everything in sight. Lovely little miracle though - I can't!

Comment

:ra:
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Keep it up Heidi!! You are doing a fantastic job!!

Comment

!!

31!!! That's FABULOUS!!

Comment

Thanks everyone! I am up to a total of 34 pounds. How, in such a short time do you ask? I can't eat anything. I finally am restricted enough from my surgery, that I can barely eat. I am eating about 1/4 cup (tops) of food at a time right now, 5-6 times a day. I cannot physically eat any more food than that. So, for the first time since my surgery, I am feeling how I should be as far as physically restricted. This all started on the 30th of August when I had my latest fill up. So, it has been one week, and I have lost 4.5 pounds.

I still have a very long way to go, and I am incredibly grouchy. I like to eat. I have a lot of stress in my life right now, and nothing feeds my stress and my soul like a dozen cookies or a big plate of pasta. I couldn't eat half a cookie right now.

I did have two bites of brownie on Sunday. That was all I could eat! The trade off is, I am WAY more bitchy than usual. Also, I am having severe caffeine headaches! I miss Coke.

Comment

Working...
                            X