Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

no "off" switch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no "off" switch!

My problem is that I do not have an "off" switch when it comes to eating! DH went out today to pick up subs from my fav place, and I had him get the large ... planning to save 1/2 for TOMORROW.

Yeah - it's gone. If it's good, I just don't stop myself. SO frustrating!

I got a craving for mozzarella sticks today so I drove all the way out to Target and bought a box and ate them all 12 of them for lunch - fried. Sometimes, when it's good, it's good, and that's all there is to it.

Comment

I just don't understand the folks who have that little ticker that says "Full. No more, thank you." Mine says "YUM! Let's eat it all! What's next?"

Comment

I'm the same way. Do you know those stuffed (cheese-filled) jalepeno peppers? I'll bake a box of them (10-12) and eat them all...
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I had potato skins for dinner. I'm a walking digression.

Comment

I have no off switch when it comes to Tyson Buffalo Chicken Strips and blue cheese dressing
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

My trigger foods are Red Velvet Cake and anything creamy. I can not have red velvet or Black Forest Cake in the house. Fortunately, both recipes are PITAs so I don't make them that often.

I try to not indulge in fries or salty foods because they don't turn me on that much. If I'm going to indulge, I want to really satisyfy me. I really feel this way about beer and wine. I absolutley refuse to drink crappy beer or wine. These drinks cost too much financially and calorically to only indulge in them half-heartedly. I poured out a local microbrew last Saturday night and purchased a Hefeweise on tap. My husband's eyes goggled out of his head because normally I'm a cheapskate. Still, crappy beer is just not worth it.

Kind of on topic---I just read an article in Prevention magazine which stated that the caloric difference between an overweight individual and someone who was within range is 100 calories plus additional movement throughout the day. This really is not a huge difference.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by kmbsjbcgb
                My trigger foods are Red Velvet Cake and anything creamy. I can not have red velvet or Black Forest Cake in the house. Fortunately, both recipes are PITAs so I don't make them that often.

I try to not indulge in fries or salty foods because they don't turn me on that much. If I'm going to indulge, I want to really satisyfy me. I really feel this way about beer and wine. I absolutley refuse to drink crappy beer or wine. These drinks cost too much financially and calorically to only indulge in them half-heartedly. I poured out a local microbrew last Saturday night and purchased a Hefeweise on tap. My husband's eyes goggled out of his head because normally I'm a cheapskate. Still, crappy beer is just not worth it.

Kind of on topic---I just read an article in Prevention magazine which stated that the caloric difference between an overweight individual and someone who was within range is 100 calories plus additional movement throughout the day. This really is not a huge difference.

Kelly
                100 calories is only one less microbrew.

We are complete opposites Kelly! You can have all the sweets! I'll take all the salty, fatty foods! There's just really nothing like a good cheeseburger and fries, or cheeeese fries, even better. I own a fryer. I'm bad.

Comment

That's so funny....I don't even like most red meat that much. We are opposites. I'll be downright saintly at dinner: a few pieces of sushi or a dinner salad with some lean protein. But, baby you'd better make sure that dessert menu comes my way or I'll be fired up.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Just give me the appetizer menu and keep the desert one for kelly!
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Today I have no "off" switch when it comes to the Trader Joe's Jo-Jos. I need to talk to the person who keeps buying them.

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
                        Today I have no "off" switch when it comes to the Trader Joe's Jo-Jos. I need to talk to the person who keeps buying them.
                        I've got some arriving via courier tomorrow PM.

My cousin is coming from CA and is making a TJ's run for me. Which Jo-Jo do you prefer?

Comment

If forced to choose (would that be a bad thing?), I would pick the chocolate w/ vanilla filling. But sometimes I really need an all vanilla sandwich cookie.

Keep your potato chips, give me Jo-Jos!

Comment

Working...
                          X