Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Milestone rewards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milestone rewards

I need some rewards for incentives for losing the weight I need to lose. I am not a shoe/bag girl, and buying clothes seems silly when I don't know if/when/or how long I will fit into them.

Some ideas I have are getting a massage when I lose enough weight that I feel okay nekked in front of a complete stranger. I have never in my life had a massage. I am too chicken. I know, I know, get over it, they have seen it all. Well, I am not over it. I would also like a Brazilian wax, because I have been too chicken for that for the same and other reasons, but I don't think that should be a reward for me...too scary. I also thought about getting my ears double pierced. I just have the one hole in each ear and have had since I was 10.

I don't know what else. Whatever it is, it can't be too expensive though! So, I need a reward to look forward to, strive for, for when I have lost 50 pounds, get below 200 pounds, and so on. Obviously food is my main reward in life, but that's kind of counterproductive!

Any ideas?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Any particular vintage wine or champagne that you've been dying to have? The wine I buy is usally around ten bucks so I would die for some Moet, for example.

Or, something electronic? Or a facial? Or a makeover at a salon? (That's expensive though....) Mani/pedi? Sunglasses? Jewelry? Cookware? Hot date?

OR let us know when you reach each milestone and we can mail you a surprise little gift!

Comment

Originally posted by stellava
      OR let us know when you reach each milestone and we can mail you a surprise little gift!
      I like that idea!

Some kind of spa service? One of my favorites is a scalp massage...ahhhh...not as expensive as a regular massage, and you don't have to disrobe either.
      Married to pediatric surgery fellow, SAHM to 2 munchkins

Comment

You've got some great ideas, Heidi. Maybe the double ear piercing for the next milestone and a massage for a bigger milestone, thinking about what point that would feel comfortable for you.

Do you like manicures or pedicures? I prefer getting my toes done because it lasts longer so you would see that reward for a longer time than your hands. Do you scrapbook? I can't remember. Maybe buying stuff for a special album would be a nice treat.

Comment

Any particular vintage wine or champagne that you've been dying to have? The wine I buy is usally around ten bucks so I would die for some Moet, for example.

Or, something electronic? Or a facial? Or a makeover at a salon? (That's expensive though....) Mani/pedi? Sunglasses? Jewelry? Cookware? Hot date?

I like the facial idea! That's a good one. Sunglasses - I will just lose or the kids will break. I love cookware, but my idea of cookware is way more expensive than anything else on that list!

Hot dates are a given. I should be granted those anyway! We've been trying to do one a month, but I don't think we will get one in this month.

I would love an mp3 player - ipod or something, but that's probably too much - unless we get some unexpected moonlighting money. It is a thought though.

I wouldn't know what to get for jewelry. I don't wear a ton. These are great ideas, Stella, thank you!

Oh, and you can't send me stuff for losing weight. Just being here and giving me a cheer is good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ellie
            I like that idea!

Some kind of spa service? One of my favorites is a scalp massage...ahhhh...not as expensive as a regular massage, and you don't have to disrobe either.
            A scalp massage is a fantastic idea! I really like those! That is definitely going on my list!

Comment

I just thought of a couple of milestone rewards I've bought myself in the past:

*Luxury towels - got them at Marshall's so they were rather inexpensive. They are still soooo soft!

*Nice bed linens - I bought myself 550 thread count sheets when I got a raise. Again, at TJMaxx but still. Make me feel like a queen!

ETA: You might run across an amazing deal at some point for the stuff you really want. I got my iPod mini for $50!!

And Heidi, I was thinking one piece towards new cookware each time. Kind of build it up. My idea of nice cookware is too expensive as well. I want some All Clad!!

And I already had a gift in mind. So I'm just saying, the option is there!

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
                You've got some great ideas, Heidi. Maybe the double ear piercing for the next milestone and a massage for a bigger milestone, thinking about what point that would feel comfortable for you.

Do you like manicures or pedicures? I prefer getting my toes done because it lasts longer so you would see that reward for a longer time than your hands. Do you scrapbook? I can't remember. Maybe buying stuff for a special album would be a nice treat.
                I like manicures and pedicures. I also prefer getting my toes done. That's a great suggestion.

I don't scrapbook. In the future days of champagne and orgasms, I hope to take all my photos to a brilliant scrapbooker and paying them to make albums for me. All my photos are in boxes (Ryan as a baby) or on my computer after we went digital.

Thanks for the ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by heidi
                  In the future days of champagne and orgasms, I hope to take all my photos to a brilliant scrapbooker and paying them to make albums for me.
                  That's my plan too. We have up through Anna's baby days, pre move, in albums (but not scrapbooks). After that, it is all in a box or on the computer. I don't see progress being made on this front anytime soon.

Comment

I just thought of a couple of milestone rewards I've bought myself in the past:

*Luxury towels - got them at Marshall's so they were rather inexpensive. They are still soooo soft!

*Nice bed linens - I bought myself 550 thread count sheets when I got a raise. Again, at TJMaxx but still. Make me feel like a queen!

ETA: You might run across an amazing deal at some point for the stuff you really want. I got my iPod mini for $50!!

And Heidi, I was thinking one piece towards new cookware each time. Kind of build it up. My idea of nice cookware is too expensive as well. I want some All Clad!!

And I already had a gift in mind. So I'm just saying, the option is there!
                    Thank you, Stella! More great ideas!

And...you are too sweet!

Comment

I buy books....and when we were really poor I bought magazines. For me, that's the kind of impluse buy that I resist because there's a cheap option. (The library. ) When I lose weight and need a none food milestone, I like to hit the bookstore and do one of those Buy 2 get 1 free things. It gives me that "Mine, mine, mine! " feeling. Do you have anything like that? Silly little things that you know you shouldn't splurge on, but wish no one was watching? Things like that are good rewards.

Another idea might be to start a separate bank account and transfer over $25 bucks or so every time you hit a milestone. Then, you could save it up to buy the iPod but have the option to change your mind and get something smaller more quickly.

Last suggestion. What about time to yourself? I'm sure you don't get enough of that. Maybe you could make a deal with DH that you get to hit a movie or go out window shopping ALONE after you reach a milestone. Hire a babysitter if you'd rather not use up the time when DH is available. Don't rule out buying clothes along the weight loss route. It can be really inspiring to try stuff on and have it fit. You could shop for trendy stuff at inexpensive places or accessories. Save the good, lasting pieces until you are at your final size.
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Annie or anyone else, do you know of a good place in Chicago to get a pedi? I agree with you on the manicures - they chip away too fast.

Heidi, you've already gotten some really good suggestions! The ipod sounds like a good idea! They're pricey, but so much fun!
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

All great suggestions! If you aren't comfortable with a stranger giving you a massage, then buy a massage book for your DH and have him give you one.

We're cheering you on, Heidi!!! Go, Go, Go!!!!!!!! :ra:

Comment

Working...
                          X