Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Marathoning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marathoning?

Anyone planning a fall marathon? I trained for Philly last year and have run 2 half marathons (Boston and Covered Bridges in VT). We're signed up for Chicago but I'm pretty sure boyfriend with probably bail since he's got lots of new friends to drag him out on Friday nights instead of staying in to prepare for runs. Just wanted to run if there will be any more friendly faces in Chicago or at least friendly posters so we can encourage each other. :exercise:
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

I'm SO in!!!

I'm training for my first half marathon in September. I'd love a cyber training buddy.. How does that work, exactly?!

Comment

I signed up for a January marathon.

I'm in.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Awesome! I'm so addicted to runnersworld.com so it would be great if that excitement transfered over here.

Hmm, not sure how to cyber support each other - except that I do know we will all become training obsessed so it will be nice to have someone to babble about running with?

Jodi - How is the training going, a Sept half marathon must have you almost up to double digit long runs? I'm obsessed with half marathons. It's long enough that you feel super accomplished but not long enough to hit that brutal wall.

Kelly - What marathon are you running? I made it within 3 weeks of my marathon last time before an evil hip pain attacked me and left me limping for 4 months (for the love of all things sacred, STRETCH!!)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

not a runner...but where in vermont are you doing the race?
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

BTDT sending healthy vibes to all of you!

I vaguely entertain the idea every now and again, and then I go up stairs and remember that the knees really are 40 years old.

Jenn

Comment

We're tentatively on for the P.F. Chang marathon.

I've ridden 26 miles at race speed, 60 miles at endurance speed. I hardly even know how I got there though except brute strength of will. Running doesn't come as easily to me, nor is it as easy on the ol' bod. I think I need to check out runnersworld.com for some ideas!
              Alison

Comment

My VT half marathon was the Covered Bridges through Woodstock, VT.

Is PF Chang, in San Diego? I forget where that one is.

Runnersworld.com is awesome, they have sections for beginners and female runners and amazing tips for keep motivated and healthy. I go straight there when I have a question (how the hell do you eat on a run? what are the best shoes? how much water should I drink? why does my right side stitch almost every run?)

Comment

We just go to Kelly, she's the marathon Queen here.

Jenn

Comment

Covered Bridges just sounds gorgeous.

Comment

runners world does rock. You meet people whose addiction makes you look healthy in comparison.

I'm running the Walt Disney World Marathon on Jan 13 with my dear friend's husband. They own a condo in Orlando and he needed a training partner, so what could I say.

My biggest challenge: childcare while I run. I go and visit friends and ask, he, would you mind being in charge for 30 minutes?

I've got it baaaad.

Kelly

Comment

I always imagined that I could run with a jogging stroller when I got pregnant. Am I completely delusional and naive?? I think if I were pregnant, alone, AND couldn't run, I might just go insane.

Comment

ekreter -
                          You can run with a jogging stroller - but the length of the run depends on the kid(s). mine will only sit for about 35 minutes. On a good day. Some runs have been as "long" as 10 minutes. But, that was when she was little (7-10 months). She might be able to go longer now. I'll let you know after # 2 gets here this winter and I'm recovered enough to try again!
                          Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Baby joggers are hell on inclines and stressful if your child isn't complacent about your running. I use mine only in the most dire situations.

Kelly

Comment

My VT half marathon was the Covered Bridges through Woodstock, VT
                              woodstock is beautiful. have a great time!

i want to go home.
                              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
                              X