Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

fitness during pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitness during pregnancy

I was really hoping to keep to a fitness routine this year, but I'm having trouble with staying motivated, having enough energy, carving out time.

Anyone else doing something that works?

I have been on the treadmill once this month. I have no excuses and actually have never had trouble being psyched about working out before. :huh: I'm just tired, not so much pregancy tired, but end of the day tired. If I could get out in the morning it would be great, but by the time I wrestle clothes on the kids, we do breakfast, brush teeth, clean up, it just seems like it is time to get on with the day and the window of enthusiasm is gone.

I don't really like to exercise, but it's something I force myself to do. There's no way I could put it off until the end of the day, I would just never do it. SO, I get up in the morning when DH does (5:00-5:30am, most days) and before DS wakes up, and that's when I get my workout in. I've been walking a couple of miles on the treadmill, and I also have a pregnancy workout DVD that I really like. I also pop DS in the stroller every day and take the dog for a 1-2 mile walk.

Anyway, would it be possible for you to get a workout in before your kids get up in the morning? I know it works well for me.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I was a running/walking maniac with DS. I would walk an hour a day five days a week. DD was much harder because I was chronically fatigued and I had another one at home to take care of. It seems to me that pregancy fitness becomes harder with each pregnancy because you have more on your plate (ha ha...more on your plate).

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
        (ha ha...more on your plate).
        ~Jane

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
          does...not..compute...does...not...compute...

:P

I know I'm not in as good of shape as I should be with this pregnancy, I also know part of that is b/c the fertility drugs had already taken a toll on my body when we finally did get pg. However I have no motivation to exercise. I get home after a day of work and I'm exhausted. I try REALLY hard to take Molly for our regular 2 mile walk but its been cloudy and rainy for the last 10 days so that motivation is out the window. A friend recommended a pregnancy video but I haven't even looked into netflix'ing it yet b/c I'm SO unmotivated.

I hope you have better luck then me.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
            Originally posted by Ladybug
            does...not..compute...does...not...compute...

:P

I know I'm not in as good of shape as I should be with this pregnancy, I also know part of that is b/c the fertility drugs had already taken a toll on my body when we finally did get pg. However I have no motivation to exercise. I get home after a day of work and I'm exhausted. I try REALLY hard to take Molly for our regular 2 mile walk but its been cloudy and rainy for the last 10 days so that motivation is out the window. A friend recommended a pregnancy video but I haven't even looked into netflix'ing it yet b/c I'm SO unmotivated.

I hope you have better luck then me.
            Great. Some help you guys are.

Comment

Originally posted by planet
              If you figure out a fool proof plan let me know.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by planet
                Hey!! What about me?? :waiting:

I tried to help...
                ~Jane

Comment

Hey Jane,

You are very encouraging...can you lend me some motivation??! I don't have a treadmill at home. I have to go ot the YMCA. So actually, if dh is home I'd have to leave early and return before he left for the hospital (and when he goes in early that is pretty tough to do) and if he isn't here I think social services wouldn't be keen on my leaving the kids home alone, though I'm sure they'd sleep just fine with me gone. The drive to the Y is about 20 mins. When dh has later shifts it generally means I stay up to see him when he gets home or wake up to fool around so I am in no mood to climb out of bed at o'dark thirty.

I gave away my cool pilates dvd thinking I had the routine down and my friend was excited to give it a try. Yes, I do know the routine. No, I don't do it on my own without Dina and Keft telling me what to do. I haven't been able to justify the expense to get another. Not with the Y membership.

You tried.

Comment

I usually exercise regularly but have been a total couch potato with the morning sickness and after work exhaustion. My plan is that when a) I start feeling better, and b) it starts to cool down around here, I will start to walk in the evenings. I think anything more strenuous will be rough after doing nothing for weeks on end.
                    Sorry, no help here either Janet!

Comment

Janet, I have a pretty good prenatal yoga dvd (by Yoga Journal) that I can pass along if you're interested. I also have a not so good one that I can send along, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Makai
                        Janet, I have a pretty good prenatal yoga dvd (by Yoga Journal) that I can pass along if you're interested. I also have a not so good one that I can send along, too.
                        Look for my pm I did sign up for a yoga class at the Y, but they cancelled it due to construction.

Comment

Working...
                        X