Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accountability group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore knee from run on Monday. Hope it was running the hills and it'll recover quickly. Couldn't get on the saw today.
    Using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
      I made 2 lasagnas tonight that I will not be eating any of. At least I like spaghetti squash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I hope they are for people OTHER than your family. No need to torture yourself by watching them eat what YOU made! Make them eat healthy with you. I made "zucchini vegetti" with pasta sauce and turkey meatballs and dh loved it.

Wife of a PGY-6
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

• Originally posted by ballibeg View Post
        Sore knee from run on Monday. Hope it was running the hills and it'll recover quickly. Couldn't get on the saw today.
        Are you stretching? I can't go farther than 5 miles without really babying my IT band -- and soreness on the downhill is a classic symptom. Heal up fast!
        Alison

Comment

• I stretch post run but otherwise not. I'm quite tight generally so it's something to work on. Should be back on the saw today, maybe running tomorrow.

How do you baby an IT band, avoid the hills?
          Using Tapatalk

Comment

• Do you have a sponge roller [MENTION=4627]ballibeg[/MENTION]? If so try using it (if you haven't already).

Wife of a PGY-6

Comment

• Mostly my "babying" is preventive -- stretching a TON before and after the slightest workout. When it's acting up, I do avoid hills as best I can, and also reduce my overall distance.
              Alison

Comment

• Tracking calories again. I still think it was wise to not go back to paleo for two weeks before vacation but man is it easy to eat junk. I DEFINITELY feel better being wheat / sugar free. My stomach bulges from eating breads.

And still glad I'm not weighing. I've felt like a moose all week. If I were weighing myself it would definitely turn into a downward spiral. As it is I ate a bunch of junk yesterday and am back on track today.

Finish teaching early tonght so I'm gonna try to rush to yoga.

Comment

• I was getting a little uncomfortable with my personal info hanging out there publicly, so I made the Fitbit group private. If anyone's interested in joining just PM me or post here, and I can either add you by email or just make it public for a while so you can add yourself! I don't know how useful the group will be -- it's web-only, and there are no notifications or anything so I keep forgetting to even check it. But I confess it's kind of fun to be able to compare based on steps, distance, AND active minutes, either weekly or monthly! So...it's there, take it or leave it.
                  Alison

Comment

• Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
                    I hope they are for people OTHER than your family. No need to torture yourself by watching them eat what YOU made! Make them eat healthy with you. I made "zucchini vegetti" with pasta sauce and turkey meatballs and dh loved it.

Wife of a PGY-6
                    Nope, for DH and the kids. But I don't really like lasagna and they love it. Makes good lunch stuff for DH too so he isn't spending eating out money. 90% of the time they eat the "healthy" stuff I make.

There is no way DH will ever eat spaghetti squash though. Avoidance of a lot of veggies is a childhood holdover. The kids are going to figure it out soon and call him on it and I'm going to die laughing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post

Wife of a PGY-6
                      Ooooo! Recipe? ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                      Grace

Comment

• I need some ideas for the fastest, yummiest, easiest grab and go snacks and foods. I find myself snacking all day. I'm a stress eater and I sit at my desk all day long and chow down. Help. I'm gaining weight, and it's not cool. With school, I literally have zero time and energy for anything besides zero effort ideas.
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                          I need some ideas for the fastest, yummiest, easiest grab and go snacks and foods. I find myself snacking all day. I'm a stress eater and I sit at my desk all day long and chow down. Help. I'm gaining weight, and it's not cool. With school, I literally have zero time and energy for anything besides zero effort ideas.
                          Popcorn - light/no butter. If it's too bland, look for those little seasoning shakers to shake on top.
                          Raw veggies - buy them already cut and washed so there's no prep work. Same with fruit (sliced apples, cubed melon, etc)
                          String cheese
                          Kale chips (honest, they're way better than they sound)

Have you tried gum? That may help satisfy the urge to chew without adding extra calories to your day.
                          Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

• Originally posted by niener View Post
                            Popcorn - light/no butter. If it's too bland, look for those little seasoning shakers to shake on top.
                            Raw veggies - buy them already cut and washed so there's no prep work. Same with fruit (sliced apples, cubed melon, etc)
                            String cheese
                            Kale chips (honest, they're way better than they sound)

Have you tried gum? That may help satisfy the urge to chew without adding extra calories to your day.
                            I have not tried gum. Not a huge fan. The ones I like lose their flavor quickly (icebreakers lemonade). My jaw hurts very quickly chewing gum, which I guess it a good thing.

I like kale chips okay. Cheese is a good idea.

Fruit I do like to do, I just need to be better about it and not be a cheap ass, and just buy the precut fruit. I can afford it, and I need the health and time more than the extra cash.

Veggies are hard for me. Not a huge veggie fan without serious caloric modification, but I do like celery with the laughing cow cheese spread. It's too loud to eat in class though. I do like snap peas.

Not a huge popcorn fan.

I've been eating a lot of nuts, but they're quite caloric ally dense.

Thanks for the ideas!
                            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

• Boiled eggs? Kinda smelly, but if you peel them first and remove the yolks, they aren't too bad. And the whites are a great low calorie protein source. I also mix 1 scoop of protein powder in 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt - it's thick and hard to mix - but it turns into a nice pudding consistency after an hour or so. I feel really hungry right after I eat it, so I usually chase it with a bunch of water, but then it will hold me for a couple of hours. Same thing with Quest bars, but they are an acquired taste. I also split my lunch in half sometimes and eat half at 11 and the other half at 1. I'm hungry every 2-3 hours so I just try to keep the overall meal low calorie (300 calories) and then it doesn't matter that I eat 5-6 times a day. I eat a lot of salads with sweet potatoes instead of dressing.
                              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                                I need some ideas for the fastest, yummiest, easiest grab and go snacks and foods. I find myself snacking all day. I'm a stress eater and I sit at my desk all day long and chow down. Help. I'm gaining weight, and it's not cool. With school, I literally have zero time and energy for anything besides zero effort ideas.
                                I'm a HUGE snacker

Greek yogurt/any yogurt
                                Dannon light n fit protein yogurt smoothies (drinkable yogurt)
                                Veggies and hummus
                                Trader joes light kettle corn, veggie chips/straws, skinny pop (individual bags)
                                Fiber one brownies/cookies/anything (these are my go to "desserts"
                                Fruit cups (peaches, oranges, grapefruit)
                                Special k protein snack bars (NOT the meal replacement bars but the 110 calorie bars)
                                Muscle milk light (juice box style)
                                Trader joes banana choc chip protein muffins

Also a BIG water cup to make sure your getting enough to drink all day.

Wife of a PGY-6

Comment

Working...
                                X