Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Matt-gmdcblack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt-gmdcblack

I am hopeful to get back into the regularity of hitting the gym pre-dawn ....and healthy, yesterday I got IV fluids(5 liters) and still didn't have to go to the bathroom for another nearly three hours

Classes are done on the 12th, so hopefully I can get some "me" time in while not being terribly burdened with homework.

20 minutes treadmill
    30 minutes free weights
    20 minutes biking

Comment

Hit the gym at 4:45a
      30 minutes on the treadmill
      40 minutes free weights
      20 minutes on the bike

nap at 1:30p

Comment

30 minutes on treadmill
        30 minutes free weights
        20 minutes on bike

Comment

75 minutes of walking/jogging the dog and smallest kid around the neighborhood in the jog stroller.

Comment

60 minutes jog/walk with kid and dog...until I ran over the dog with the stroller, he was a little dazed, but seems to be Ok now.

Comment

30 minutes of treadmill
              30 minutes of freeweights
              25 minutes on the bike

Comment

Not to seem like a total wus, but would you say the gym was safe at 4:45 am? I've always played around with the idea of going in to our 24 hour gym before DH leaves in the morning, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea to be there at 5 am. Is that just the ex-bad neighborhood girl in me talking? Are there lots of people in?

BTW: great job with getting back in shape. Except for the dog.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Yeah, the gym is pretty safe at that hour, you only get the people that really want to get something done in there at that time!
                  I work out with a few teachers, a policeman, a couple of firefighters and a couple of high school kids....and that about sums up all the people there. But you also have to take into account that we live in a smaller town, only about 35-40K or so...not that something bad couldn't happen, but it seems pretty safe.

I have actually been stopped twice on my way to the gym by the police. Once because I had a headlight out, the other time because I didn't have my headlights on You would think that I would notice that at 4:30a and it being dark and all, but sometimes the street lights are pretty bright!

Comment

Thanks Matt. I may have to try it. The gym manager told me that they mostly got gym staff in that early to work out before the day got busy. Yikes! I may have to start exercising!
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Angie I used to go in at 5:30 am to swim before starting work at 7am (the gym is close to the hospital).
                      Luanne
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

25 minutes treadmill
                        40 minutes free weights
                        15 minutes on the bike

Comment

40 minutes on treadmill
                          20 minutes on bike

Comment

35 minutes on treadmill
                            30 minutes free weights
                            25 minutes on bike

Comment