Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Yoga anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoga anyone?

I'm a huge fan- Hatha, Kundalini, Bikram...just about every kind I've ever taken.

That said, I'm a yoga dropout since we moved to DC. None of my top two kinds of classes are nearby (that's Kundalini and Bikram) and now that we hav Nikolai and I still have a husband with an unreliable schedule, it's been impossible. (and by not being nearby, yes, as the crow flies, there's a Bikram studio maybe 5 miles away? In DC, that's a 45 minute Metro ride, a 30 minute drive there/drive around dupont Circle for 30 minutes looking for even an illegal parking spot, or a 20 minute bike ride, assuming you're not killed by the idiot teenagers who like to throw rocks at bike riders.)

I made Rick PROMISE that he'd be home three days a week in San Antonio in time for me to catch a yoga class. (there are 6am ones but I'm so not a 6am yoga person.)

Anyone else a fan?

Jenn

Yes, I am. And as I was thinking about how tight my shoulders were today, I realized I need to get back into it. Hatha is my favorite.

Comment

I do Vinyasa Flow. I went 2x week in Boston and did some at home. Here, I've been really bad....I just do a few sun salutations in the morning and throw in some poses randomly. I downloaded Yoga Sanctuary to do at home, but it's 1h and 50 minutes and uneditable. (That's my story and I'm sticking with it. ) I'd love to get on a regular home program. I've found a cool studio here, but I can't give up the class time during the week. Maybe a weekend class. I miss it. I was much more sane when I did yoga regularly.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

have enjoyed yoga every time I've tried it, but have never committed to it. I planned to go to one at my spiffy new gym, but when I attended the "all levels yoga" class, the teacher said "I really like to teach a more aerobic yoga with some pilates thrown in." and I nearly passed out at the end of the class.

I'll need to find another one there and if a similar "change" happens, I'll speak up to the management. It's a great gym and a great chance to take advantage of it.

Comment

Love it. I've been dabbling since I was 17, with about a total of 2 years actual practice

Comment

LOVE Bikram. I try to go once a week to undo the damage tri training does. Haven't gone much since moving to the new house. The studio where my friend teaches is now farther away (by a whole 10 blocks).

Comment

I have fallen in love with Yoga. I was a yoga-virgin up until about a month or so ago. I am taking a beginning class, and the instructor teaches Iyengar. It's been quite a bit of fun. The few times I have done it at home, Emma and Brigham join in, and it's cute to watch them; especially Brigham when he is doing the Warrior 1 pose.

Crystal
              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I love Yoga and feel so much better when I do it. I was involved in a class for about a years straight a couple years ago but havent been allowed the extra time lately. I have started doing it at home to tapes and DVD's but I just don't get the same glowy feel (some but not as intense) as when I have an instructor. Something is better than nothing though!

Comment

I bought myself some Kundalini cds and I've been trying to do one per day.

It feels SO good to be back in the saddle again!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                  X