Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Walking buddies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking buddies...

I managed to get out a for a walk with the dog this morning. (I took a break from building the ARK in the backyard. It's been raining for weeks here. ) I went 45 minutes, about 3.5 miles on a hiking trail.

Anyone else walking for exercise this week?
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

I'm going to try to head out with the pups after the little one goes to bed tonight.
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I've been walking 2.5 on MWF. Last week, I overslept for two of the days, but this week, I've so far made it both M&W.
      I'm hoping to hang in there with this routine for the rest of my pregnancy.
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Just got back from about an hour- I have no idea how far because we were on Ft. McNair. However, it was quite lovely. there was some sort of ceremony going on, there were sailboats and one of the Army helicopters flew over (quite exciting for Nikolai, even though he sees helicopters every single day!). McNair is where the Old Guard bands are housed (the pretty boys who wear the Revolutionary War costumes for parades, etc.) and some incredibly high ranking Generals and Ambassadors, plus the National Defense University and the Defense college for the Americas (the one that where we sent our former friend Noriega)

Nonetheless, it's a very nice place to walk. (I always get nervous about where Petey decides to do his business though!)

Jenn

Comment

Took they day off yesterday (!) and went to the movies with SO (he has this week off but leaves tomorrow for a conference on the West Coast ). We walked out and back from West Philly - it was the first walk since spraining my foot, but it felt fine! I think I'll start running again this weekend, weather permitting.

Comment

Has anyone ever used a pedometer? Are these reliable? I was thinking of getting one but didnt want to waste the few dollars if they dont work very well or aren't helpful.

Comment

I'd heard good things....but the one I got doesn't work well. I use it mostly to entertain the kids. It was a cheapo drugstore model, though. I know it doesn't report accurately from day to day across the same distance. I'm not sure why.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Hmmmmmmm I really need a kick in the pants. It is just way to easy for me to find stuff to do around the house and not get out and really sweat. Hopefully we will get a membership to OU's gym and I can daycare the kiddos and really work out. Until then I am desperate for some drive.

Comment

Working...
                X