Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Heidi / KC Jenn team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heidi / KC Jenn team

Alright Heidi ... I'm back in town. Let's come up with a plan to get this body moving and reducing! PM or email me (or reply here, or call) ... too many options!

Okay, okay. Help me out here. I've been somewhat of a slacker. What's the plan?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

okay heidi - we've got to put ourselves out there. develop a plan. stick to it. be accountable. first I've got to quit snacking on cookie crisp cereal . I figured it was better than snacking on real cookies!

as of Tuesday both of my kids will be out of school. I'm thinking I SHOULD commit to going to the gym 5 days a week. Swimming 3 days (MWF), bike/weights T/Th. The upside will be that the childcare is already paid for, and I will get (up to) 2 hours to myself each day. That should be DESIREABLE. I just need to make myself do it.

we ARE going tomorrow. i guess I should take it one day at a time.

Comment

okay - I did it. I was at the gym for 2 hours today (okay - some of that was spent getting a free chair massage, relaxing in the whirlpool & showering).

5 miles on the bike
        1/2 mile walk
        300 meters in the pool

nothing amazing, but all good.

Comment

Way to go!! You put me to shame!

I did a bunch on Wednesday (well for me). I think I would have a coronary if I tried to do anythign for 2 hours. Remember, I am the most out of shape person on the planet. There are 90 year olds that could kick my butt. I just have a loud mouth. I did 35 minutes and about 1.5 miles on my treadmill.

Thursday I had a dcotor appointment, so I got nothing done, and today Chad was actually home relatively early, so nothing got done.

I will do some tomorrow!!

Comment

today:

biked 6 miles
            completed 1/2 of yoga class (got paged by gym daycare b/c Quinn was screaming for me for no good reason).
            going for walk w/neighbor once kids are in bed.

Comment

Wohoo! You go!!!

Comment

ooooh... i'm sore.

I found that my neighbor is pretty darn serious about her walks. Our truncated walk (b/c I was really tired) was still over 2 miles long. And no one better try to tell me that Kansas is flat - b/c we've got some killer inclines!

She wants to go again tonight! I think I might get sucked into exercising regularly out of peer pressure!

Comment

Cool! I so need that kind of peer pressure. Giving myself an excuse not to exercise hasn't been too difficult to say the least.

Good for you for going!

Comment

Okay, so my Blockbuster Queue finally decided to send me my Leslie Sansone workout DVD. So, it will probably come tomorrow afternoon.

Crap! I guess that's one less excuse I have not to work out.

I have been cleaning pretty hard for the last couple of days, but little else. I really am no good at this exercise stuff. My new friend here - she's not much of an exerciser either, so we sit and eat together. Really, really bad, but I like her!

How many days have you gone to the gym this week?

Comment

none. but I am going walking tonight.

Comment

Walked tonight: 2+ miles
                        Took the boys to the pool: That should count for calories burned just for the sheer embarrassment of hanging out around the pool with the Johnson County mommies.

Comment

walked last night: 2+ miles (closer to 3, I think). It was actually fun. We walked over to the spiffier neighborhood and peered into all of the model homes windows.

I may add that this walk has some pretty good inclines - for those of you that assume KS is totally flat.

gave blood yesterday, too -- so I'm a pint thinner, right?

Comment

Working...
                          X