Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ladybug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladybug

Annie,

So what do you think? Are shoes in your budget? A road trip? I'm not doing such a great job here. Ever since MIL came I haven't been out for a run. I hope to start (again ) this week. I figure if I powerwalk in the end it won't be the most demoralizing thing to ever happen.

Yay! Ok, I'll start...tomorrow.

Little treadmill dude reminded me…this is a true story!

I was visiting relatives and frequenting their hoity toity local gym. One afternoon I had finished a swim, was changed into a nice workout set and headed for the treadmill. I decided to walk behind the machines, wall side, since traffic was heavy in the aisles. Just as I passed gorgeous college guy to plant myself on the only open treadmill…I tripped over something and the guy abruptly fell off the back of his treadmill!! My foot had pulled the plug of his machine. I realized this at the same time that I saw the rage flush his face. Then he noticed me, must have taken pity (or maybe because I’m a girl…who knows) and he softened up and laughed. Ughh!! Yeah. I got on and ran with my nose in my book and earplugs on after that, but only because getting out of the fitness area would have meant walking back past his treadmill. I was so tired when I finished. I just couldn’t stand the thought of walking past him again so I ran until he left. :thud:

I really have to stop judging my MIL…how did I ever make it to adulthood?!

Comment

Janet, I have tears in my eyes from laughing. That must have been SO embarassing.

Comment

Janet, that is funny!!!
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
          P.S. I'm sore.
          Me too. I only ran for 2.5 miles and I can feel it today. I hate entropy. I am forcing myself to run again tonight though.

Comment

I made it yesterday, but not today. There's still tomorrow.

Comment

7 miles , I'm having trouble making the time.

I hear you on the abs. Mine seperated with #2. I had bounced back so quickly with #1, but 2 just changed me.

Comment

I'm off to run! :walk: Annie, get out there. We'll do this race and do it well!

Comment

It was good! What training program are you following? I can run the distance, juts not all that fast. If we hold lattes while we run is it an adequste excuse for going slowly?

Comment

Another 3 logged. Ds wanted to join me and run around the track. He was so cute 'racing' me. He won.

Comment

Today is a rest and eat chocolate day.

Comment

2 20 minute trail runs and 45 minutes walking to look for lost car keys (that were in my pocket )

Comment

Nothing for 2 days. :|

I doubt he'll cart around an AED, but I've heard whisky works for reviving too! I'll make sure he brings a flask.

Comment

Nothing for a week, but if all goes well I'll get out tomorrow.

Comment

How is the Y going?!

Well, I'll see you Sunday. though I may have a heart attack by noon.

Comment

Working...
                              X