Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Next race??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next race??

I am making a goal of a 10K in April. Anyone want to join me? Same race not necessary. Annie, if you want to meet up again for it we should try to pressure another iMSNer into it too!

10K, holy crap! I'm up to walking a 5K now.

Good luck. Try me again in a few years. By then you'll be running marathons with Kelly though.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Janet,

I don't want you to hang out here all by yourself. I'm on for a 10K in April.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Shoot, April will be too soon for me but I'd love to give it another shot for the next one. The plantar fasciiatis is gone (knock on wood) even with the weight of pregnancy and this is the last pregnancy. I should be road-worthy in a year or so!

Comment

Yay!

I got outside for another 3 miles today.

Heidi...baby steps. Me too. There's always someone faster and slower. The race is a financial and ego investment. It makes me stick with the exersize plan when I just don't want to move. You get a t-shirt for walking too, you know....

Kelly, I would be honored to try to keep pace with you.

Nellie, don't worry. I'll be pestering everyone about another one for the fall of '07 most likely.

Comment

Kelly, I would be honored to try to keep pace with you.

Janet, darling, you're killing me here. The reverence, while amusing, is completely unmerited.

Seriously, I'm a hard-core rank and file runner. Mediocrity is my mantra! In college, I took a running class for P.E. and strolled in late eating a snickers bar. Meanwhile all these fit, firm, beautiful bodies talked about the merits of soy and wheat germ. I only run three days a week not only because I'm busy but because I get ADHD after that. Truly, I'm a couch-potatoe--turned-runner-come-lately. Don't let the marathon thing fool you.

However, if you *must* revere me, do so for my rightful place as the supreme, ultimate ruler of the universe. I promise to be a benevolent dictator.

Kelly

Comment

Whew, Kelly. I was thinking I would have to wear makeup and all to this thing. I am so very middle of the pack. But I have hoped for a long time to do a marathon, more for the mental accomplishment than physical.

Um, Ms. Dictator, if you want to take the responsibility...have you seen the mess lately?

Comment

On track...3 miles. I'm looking at this as an opportunity to take a short vacation to the west in the spring.

Comment

If you're heading all the way west and it is SF or north of and it's later than earlier spring....let me know.

Comment

Nellie, It won't be to race, but I plan on getting back to the west coast within the next year to see family. You bet I'll look you up.

For running I was just thinking that I'll travel somewhere that is easy for Annie and Kelly too. Unless they insist on doing the Boston marathon.

Comment

We'll let see about Boston. Hmm..if I can continue to run at my current pace forever, I'll qualify for Boston when I hit the 65 year old age group. Perhaps we should arrange to meet before then?

Kelly

Comment

Ran 10k this morning... 49:28.

My goal is to run under 45:00

Though I am not upset about 49:28 today.

Comment

Hey Peter- that's awesome!

I signed my husband up for a 10k and me for a 5k on Thanksgiving morning. I haven't done a 5k since 2000. We'll see.

Jenn

Comment

Hey, Peter, Congrats!

All of us must promise that if we ever really do meet up for a race, we will "stunt race" in costume.

I, of course, will wear the trappings of my internet personae: Dominatrix complete with black leather pants and a whip.

How 'bout it?

Kelly

Comment

I, of course, will wear the trappings of my internet personae: Dominatrix complete with black leather pants and a whip.
                              Gulp, not sure if that would make me run faster, or drop to my knees.

Comment

Working...
                              X