Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Christmas Eve Side Dishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Eve Side Dishes

We're serving prime rib for Christmas eve. I'm having a hard time coming up with side dishes to serve with it. All of the dishes that sound good to me I already served at Thanksgiving (to the same people).

I'm sure we'll serve red potatoes, but after that I just don't know. Do you have any suggestions?
    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Potatoes au gratin might be good but I guess that would be potato overkill with the red potatoes. Maybe some roasted veggies? Did Angie ever post her roasted veggie side dish?

Comment

I have a great roasted red pepper salad that makes a fantastic side dish and is easy and fun to make...

I don't know where the recipe is but I think I remember it well enough...

4 Roasted Red Peppers
      2 Large Tomatoes
      1 Large Red Onion
      1/3 C. Capers (more or less to your liking)
      Sliced Mozzarella (usually two balls or a log will suffice)
      1/4 C. Golden Raisins
      Balsamic Vinager
      Extra Virgin Olive Oil
      Salt and Pepper

Slice roasted red peppers into strips. Cut tomatoes into slices. Very thinly slice the red onions. Cut mozzarella into slices.

Lay out tomatoes and mozzarella in pairs (does that make sense?) on platter. Put roasted red peppers, red onions, capers, raisins, balsamic vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil with a dash of salt into bowl and toss lightly. Pour over the tomatoes and mozzarella and arrange to your visual liking. Crack fresh pepper over dish.

It's DELICIOUS!

ETA: If you aren't sure how to roast your own peppers, ask me! It tastes SO MUCH BETTER when you do it yourself.

Comment

If you need a prime rib recipe, I posted one, but I can find it for you if you need it. It is awesome!!

Everyone has good ideas for sides.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

So my favorite side dish isn't fancy and we eat it many times a week....but here it is...

saute garlic in olive oil, add broccoli....add some salt/pepper to taste. saute the broccoli until it is tender, but not mushy or anything. serve immediately...it's not as good if it sits too long.
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
          X