Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

SuperBowl Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperBowl Party

So- throw some party ideas at me- I'm going to do a SB/Send-off/OPen House that Sunday- the kind of thing where it's a drop on by or stay all day thing. The actual game doesn't start until later (like 7 I think) I was thinking about getting things rolling about 4ish.

Because of the stop on by thing- I want to do finger foods- Eating well has a great recipe for chicken tenders- but does anyone have a crock pot recipe for wings? My crock pot cookbook has 100 different ways to do chicken- including thighs but no Buffalo wings.

all ideas are welcome- and this will be a kid loaded crowd.

Jenn

I don't have any recipe ideas off of the top of my head but wanted to let you know the game starts at 5:30 CT.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Well, it's not a recipe, more like an idea. I have DFs buddies over for big games. I get boneless chicken tenders and set out several dipping options (buffalo sauce, BBQ, honey mustard...etc) I found that this eliminates wing bones to clean up, and was less messy on the fingers(you mentioned it being kid loaded so kids+saucy fingers= well, you know). They also get to pick the dip they want so less preparing, more options.

Well, that is just an idea about the wings you mentioned. Have fun!!

Comment

SO (i.e. me at his house ) is having a SB party on Sunday. What should I cook?

Comment

I've done easy wings before just following the recipe on a bottle of wing sauce.....you could try that. I'd probably cook them in the oven and then transfer them to the crockpot to keep them warm during the party. I think it was basically just tossing the wings with sauce and roasting them in the oven with frequent turning.

There are several commercially available wing sauces that taste like what you get in a bar. You could also just buy a big order of wings...... ......and put them in the crockpot. None of us would tell.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I didn't see this reply until now! We ended up spending the afternoon making chicken salad and egg salad for sandwiches and he bought some chips and dip, etc. I think maybe I'll make some wings or something like that as a surprise.

Comment

Working...
            X