Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's for dinner tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's for dinner tonight?

I'm not feeling very inspired tonight. I'm debating between:

1. chocolate chip pancakes (the current DD favorite)

2. cheese ravoili - the frozen kind from a bag

3. crab cakes - though I'd have to stop at the store on the way home and get them.

What's going to be on your table?
    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Good question. I put a pork roast on this a.m. -- knowing I couldn't eat it but that it'd be ready to go for tomorrow's dinner. DW is out of town - traveling back from that last bogus step test where they play around with standardized patients (with only four testing centers in the land).

Hmmnnn... McDonald's Filet-O-Fish?

Comment

A whole lot of Indian food. I'm having a party tonight w/all Indian food. My MIL cooked some of it when we went to Cleveland, and I've cooked the rest over the past 2 days.

Chicken Tikka
      Channa Masala (similar to it)
      Udiu
      Biryani
      Katchori
      Samosa
      Puri
      Spicy Cashews
      Sweet Chutney & Spicy Chutney

Wish me luck. I guess it's good that so much of it is vegetarian. I forgot about the Friday / Lent thing, but all but one dish is veggie, so we should be okay.

Comment

Time and patience willing, fancied up black bean burritos. Otherwise, left-over chicken coconut soup (tom ka gai).

Comment

I'm bouncing back and forth between the Boston Market/Subway/Steak and Shake cop out position ...... and breakfast for dinner. I suppose I could pull off pancakes, eggs and what have you. DH hates that and the kids love it. Funny thing though, DH always eats more that everyone else! :>
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

No idea!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Baked open-faced chicken salad sandwiches:

Canned chicken from Trader Joe's (tuna also works)
              lots of diced celery
              a little green onion
              a healthy dose of BBQ sauce
              smidge of mayo
              smidge of mustard
              a handful of grated cheese
              salt, pepper, etc.

mix together into a chicken-salad type concoction (should be drier than chix salad, though), heap onto about four slices of bread/bagels/rolls whatever and bake for about 25 minutes until the grated cheese melts and holds it all together.

This is actually one of my husband's contributions to the marriage. He used to make a (less good) version in his bachelor days. I doctored it up with the celery and the BBQ sauce and whatnot and now it's a regular. Fiiiiiine dining!
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

It's a quarter past 6 and I just walked through the door. I just noticed the site is up again after going through all my bookmarks. We're going out for dinner tonight; I don't have the patience for cooking after an annoying day at school and not having dressed warmly enough.
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

DH is working late and is eating at the hospital tonight so I had a hot dog, Trader Joe's buttermilk garlic mashed potato chips, and a salad. The salad makes it healthy, right?

DS refused his hot dog so he got a blueberry-banana-whole milk smoothie, peas, and oyster crackers.
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Take-out stuffed-crust pepperoni pizza!

(It's a call night ).
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

As mentioned before, DH is on call and I went out with a friend to a new Greek place. The lamb chops were divine. Hopefully tomorrow we'll be going out and I won't have to think about dinner until Sunday.

Comment

Cheese and crackers and some fruit. A G & T.

Now just having the T (LOVE Diet tonic water- I drink it instead of soda) as I'm PMSing and the quinine helps with cramps. and I signed up to do a 5k tomorrow with a colleague- no need for unecessary head pain.

Jenn

Comment

Tonight we are having broiled tilapia. I buy the bags of frozen fillets at Sams and they defrost pretty quickly...they also have parmesan encrusted tilapia fillets that you cook frozen!

here's the recipe for tonight...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broiled-Ti ... etail.aspx
                          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                          X