Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pork Chop / Pork recipes - please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork Chop / Pork recipes - please!

Our 1/2 pig was just delivered (yes, pure midwesterners now), and I'm inundated w/pork chops, bacon, sausage (pretty much unflavored - so ground pork essentially), ham ... that kind of stuff. Sadly no pork loin (don't really understand why, but oh well).

Got a favortie pork recipe?? Lemme have it!

My mom does something with 7-up to keep pork moist. I'll ask her for her receipe for pork chops.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Maybe the pork loin was on the other half?

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
        Maybe the pork loin was on the other half?
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

well, my neighbors have the other half and I kind of think that may be the case. I asked and they told me we don't get any loins.

Comment

A loin free pig? :huh: Is that like a boneless chicken?

Somebody has got yer loins! :>

Comment

Oh God Nellie-

I'm so resisting...

Jenn

Comment

I've got a few delish recipes, Jenn. But, I hate posting recipes. It takes forver. But, just for you, I will. Remind me later if I haven't posted anything in a few days.
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I just made this one last night, it was delicious!

Rachel Ray's Maple Mustard Pork Chops with Grilled Apples

1/2 cup dark maple syrup
                  1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
                  1/4 cup apple cider
                  1/4 medium onion, finely chopped
                  1/2 teaspoon allspice
                  1 teaspoon ground cumin
                  8 center-cut boneless pork loin chops, cut 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
                  Extra-virgin olive oil
                  Grill seasoning blend or salt and pepper to taste
                  3 large Golden Delicious apple
                  The juice of 1/2 lemon
                  1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Combine maple syrup, mustard, apple cider, shallot, allspice and cumin in small saucepan and cook over moderate heat 7 to 10 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken.

Coat chops lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with grill seasoning blend or salt and pepper and cook on preheated non-stick grill pan for 3 minutes per side. Baste chops with maple syrup combination and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer chops to baking sheet. Baste again with sauce. Place in 350-degree oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes.

Meanwhile, slice apple crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. (Do not peel or core.) Brush apple slices with lemon juice and drizzle with oil. Season with grill seasoning blend and nutmeg. Arrange apple slices on grill pan, cooking 3 minutes per side, or until tender. Serve apple slices with pork. Makes 2 servings.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

oooh - that sounds great! thanks Cheri.

Heidi - I truly will appreciate it. Pretty-please!

Jenn & Nellie :P

Comment

Parmesan Crust Pork Chops

DH really likes these. I don't usually have lemon wedges and they're still good without them...

2 large eggs
                      1 cup dried Italian-style bread crumbs
                      3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan
                      4 (1/2 to 3/4-inch thick) center-cut pork loin chops (each about 10 to 12 ounces)
                      Salt and freshly ground black pepper
                      6 tablespoons olive oil
                      Lemon wedges, for serving
                      Whisk the eggs in a pie plate to blend. Place the bread crumbs in another pie plate. Place the cheese in a third pie plate. Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Coat the chops completely with the cheese, patting to adhere. Dip the chops into the eggs, then coat completely with the bread crumbs, patting to adhere.
                      Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a very large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown and the center reaches 150 degrees, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to plates and serve with lemon wedges.

Comment

http://www.medicalspouse.com/forums/vie ... hp?t=12342

Comment

A while back NYTimes had a feature about cooking pork. The only thing I remember is that for thicker cuts or chunks, marinate the port in 1 part apple cider to 3 parts water (seasoned), so that the port is free floating at least overnight. Then cook any way you want and it'll retain it's moistness. This totally works.

I also like to pound pork into cutlets (like chicken) to bread and fry and use for sandwiches or with various sauces. Helps break the chicken thing a bit. There are also pork stews and pork shishkebobs (especially with the grilling season approaching).

Comment

oooh - thanks. I don't have it. I'll have to ask around to see if any of my friends do.

Comment

Working...
                            X