Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dessert wines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dessert wines

Beviamo Moscato d'Asti is wonderful. I love sweet dessert wines, and this is fab. $12 at Sams Club.

Anyone have a favorite they would like to share?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

I'm a big fan of port- ruby or tawny.

I have a 40 year old ruby port that I'm waiting to crack open upon my husbands return.

Jenn

Comment

Moscato d'Asti is generally a great wine for those are not big alcohol drinkers as it only has 6-8% alcohol.

Also late harvest Rieslings are great for dessert wines.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
        Moscato d'Asti is generally a great wine for those are not big alcohol drinkers as it only has 6-8% alcohol.

Also late harvest Rieslings are great for dessert wines.
        Yeah, mine was 5.5%, and two glasses had me quite buzzed. Apparently, I cannot hold my liquor at all.

Comment

I like tawny port too, mostly in the winter. And Moscato is nice in the summer.

Comment

So, are you guys coming to the crack open the 40yo port party?

Apparently 1966 was a great year for ports.

Jenn

Comment

Heck yes!

Comment

Love Icewine but it is pricey. HOWEVER, I found a great bottle of German Eiswein at Sam's for less than $20.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse
                  Love Icewine but it is pricey. HOWEVER, I found a great bottle of German Eiswein at Sam's for less than $20.
                  Ice wine is my absolute favorite. I have had that Eiswein, and it is good, but I haven't met an icewine I didn't like.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                    So, are you guys coming to the crack open the 40yo port party?

Apparently 1966 was a great year for ports.

Jenn
                    will the vacation villa paperwork be handled by then?? i'll be there (not allowed to drink, but there).

Comment

Ice wine is my absolute favorite. I have had that Eiswein, and it is good, but I haven't met an icewine I didn't like. [/quote]

Sooooo true.
                      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Working...
                      X