Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Brett Favre's High-Scoring Chili

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Favre's High-Scoring Chili

This is from a magazine that adapted the recipe from the Packers Women's Association... it's easy and so-o-o yummy!

1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
    2 medium green and/or red sweet peppers, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
    2 stalks celery, chopped (1 C)
    1/2 C sliced green onion
    1 small onion, chopped (1/3 C)
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 15- to 16- oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    1 14 1/2-oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 14 1/2-oz can diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
    1 14 1/2-oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis & spices, undrained
    1 10 3/4-oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1 1.25-oz envelope chili seasoning mix
    1 Tbsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp Creole seasoning or 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp ground black pepper

1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink; drain off fat. In a 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 - quart slow cooker, stir together all ingredients.

2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Makes 8 servings.

Per serving: 287 cal, 12 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 54 mg chol.

I put in 2 cans of kidney beans (that's all the boys will eat) and leave out the onions, but this is our favorite chili ever.

Side question: Did any of you grow up with chili and cinnamon rolls? My DH thinks I'm wacky for serving them together. I swear it's common practice. :huh:

No to the cinnamon rolls but Cinncy style chili with cinnamon in it is one of my most favorite kinds. We made some for our New Year's Eve festivities last year.

Jenn

Comment

Chili and cinnamon rolls? I've never turned my nose up at a cinnamon roll, but I don't think I could have the 2 together. I'd probably just pass on the chili.

Priorities.

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
        Chili and cinnamon rolls? I've never turned my nose up at a cinnamon roll, but I don't think I could have the 2 together. I'd probably just pass on the chili.

Priorities.
        My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Not together together, just...together...
          Chili and Cinnamon Roll Friday was the hottest menu item in elementary school. No one else experienced this phenomenon?! You're missing out.

Does this thing have a spell checker? Phenominon, fenomanon...

Comment

where the heck did you grow up??

Comment

Whaaaat?

I have never heard of that. I'll have to ask DH. His grandmother used to make cinnamon rolls at the drop of a hat (lucky kid).

Comment

Cheyenne Wyoming. Maybe those weren't cinnamon rolls after all?! Brown, round and a little dry?!

Comment

Not too terribly far from me. My cousins grew up in Cheyenne. I'm tempted to PM you names but oh...the potential shame. And now the shame if you do know and like them...

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Nellie, PM me!! PM me!! I graduated high school in 1990. Would they be around my age?

Comment

One graduated a few years later. If you were at the same HS, you would have attended at the same time. You would have graduated before my other cousin was in highschool and she did not complete. I PMed you.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Entropy
                          Chili and Cinnamon Roll Friday was the hottest menu item in elementary school. No one else experienced this phenomenon?! You're missing out.

Jodi -

Tomorrow's school lunch menu: chili / crackers (random other stuff) cinnamon rolls!!!

I immediately thought of you when I read it.

Comment

Re: Re:

Originally posted by Genivieve
                            Originally posted by Entropy

Jodi -

Tomorrow's school lunch menu: chili / crackers (random other stuff) cinnamon rolls!!!

I immediately thought of you when I read it.

Too funny! Jodi's not so crazy after all!
                            Back in ye olden times when I was a school kid, PB sandwhich was served w/ our Chili.

Comment

Re: Brett Favre's High-Scoring Chili

I LOVED chili and cinammon rolls when I was in school. Probably more for the cinammon rolls which I still have a soft spot for!
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X