Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wine list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine list

Marques de Caceres Rioja Rosado, must have been around $8-9. A little more berry flavor than most roses. Good grilled scallops, grilled pizza, the eggplant caponata I posted somewhere...yum.

Last night's book club really enjoyed Red Guitar. That's all I know. Clearly I did not partake.

Comment

i just dont get wine. it's bitter, dry, gaggy. to each his own.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Good Sylv, then we can agree to disagree.

You take Becks and I'll take the wine.

Comment

Of course, it's been about 5 years since we've had wine in our budget.

Comment

What's our budget?

We used to be members of the Gundlach Bundshu wine club and basically they make fantastic everythings. Their temperanillo is amazing.

For cheapo- I'm pretty happy with whatever basic Chardonney is on-sale.

I'm quite fond of Freixinent (sp) for bubbly occasions.

I like Red Truck. We've been debating the house wines for a while. It's still up in the air.

Jenn

Comment

Locally, I like Barboursville Vineyards for just about everything. Their Chardonnay Reserve ('05) is very good and around $15. Also, their Cabernet Franc is to die for.

Otherwise, if I'm going cheapie, I like the Rex Goliath wines. Their Cabernet Sauvignon is good.

My favorite though is still Montes Cabernet Sauv. You can find it on sale for around $10-12. YUM!

(I have lots more recommendations...just ask.) I'm a wine-ho.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies
                i just dont get wine. it's bitter, dry, gaggy. to each his own.
                Sylvia, have you tried medium dryness wine? Or semi-sweet or dessert?

For the past few years we've been drinking whatever I could get from work, so we got hooked on expensive wine. But when on a budget, I usually go for either Riojas or Malbecs, both can be found for under $15.

Comment

Re: Wine list

Lily, funny you should ask, we just tried this wine last Friday. It was pretty good but I've had better Argentinian Pinos. Unfortunately, the best Argentinian wine is not exported. I'm still kicking myself for only brining half a case back. I can't wait to go back and ship at least half a dozen cases home.

I've also noticed that the more I learn about wine, the pickier and more expensive my taste gets. I do try to keep my budget around $30 a bottle retail.

Comment

Re: Wine list

I'm pretty sure this is why the two of you are my soulmates.

That is all.

Comment

Working...
                    X