Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Infused Martinis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infused Martinis

Surprising I am writing about martinis considering my user name, but anyways. I found a recipe that sounded great for the fall. (I am a very seasonal baker/cook) It is fig martinis.

Has anyone ever infused their own vodka? I made my first attempt today. I poached figs and put them a jar with vodka to "steep" for two weeks. Any tips on this steeping process?

I guess we'll find out when it is done if it worked!

I've never heard of that - sounds neat. I'll be interested to hear how it turns out.

Comment

That sounds great and I love martinis!!!!! :mmm: :angeldevil:
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We'll see....Right now I have this large jar of gunk sitting in my pantry. It looks pretty nasty, hopefully it tastes better.

Two weeks to find out....maybe I should put up a ticker for FIG MARTINIS!

Comment

Re: Infused Martinis

Just FYI....these were amazing!!!! Definately work the two week wait!

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Pollyanna
            Stella and MissMArtini is going to be quite the combination.
            I was just thinking this as I was reading this thread!!!

That sounds pretty good! I got a great martini mix the other day - Stirrings Summer Basil Cocktail Essence. Find it here: http://www.stirrings.com/essencessummerbasil.php.

We have been putting it in martinis and bloody marys - yummm!

I have martini recipes for every holiday, too! Boy, we were MEANT to be friends!

Comment

I think I am in good company to say...

Is it too early to start thinking about Christmas martinis???

I saw a recipe for a gingerbread martini and a "grandmas cookie" martini in a magazine...they sounded amazing...I will post them when I get home.

That website was great, I was really intrigued by the lavendar martini.

Stella, how do you feel about being co-author to...

"The medical spouses guide to staying sane.....1001 martini recipes"

Comment

Done and done.

As well as "Cheap Eats", "Cheap Dates", and "Great Wines Under $15".

For Christmas, my favorite is the Pomtini. Do you like pomegranate??

I think the cookie flavors would be too much for me....too sweet? I guess I'll have to try.

I'll try to come up with something new this year since I promoted the Pomtini pretty heavily here last holiday season.

Comment

I agree on it being sweet, but every once in a while they are good to sip on.

My typical is a ketel one dirty martini.....

Here is the Grandma's Cookie martini-

Equal parts-
                  Butterscotch Schnapps
                  Baileys
                  Cinnamon schnapps

*rimmed with red sugar...of course

Comment

Originally posted by MissMartini
                    My typical is a ketel one dirty martini...
                    SHUT UP! Me too! (Only with extra olives. )

Comment

Working...
                    X