Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Brussel sprouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brussel sprouts

I buy baby brussels sprouts (frozen or fresh)

par boil them

drain them

transfer to a baking dish, drizzle w/ olive oil, salt & fresh ground pepper

cover with freshly grated Parmesan cheese( you can also use the green containers)

bake in oven @ 400F

after 15 min I stir them up add more cheese

then back in for 15 more mins.

for the last couple of minutes, I like to turn the broiler on to get them golden & crusty!

My kids looooove them, DH especially loves them prepared this way...actually just about anyone that has tried them, has asked me how to make them!

Re: Brussel sprouts

I bought brussel sprouts today!!! I'm not overly fond of brussel sprouts, but this sounds good and DH will love it.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I love them but no one else (that I know) does. I order them in restaurants.

Jenn

Comment

I'm going to try that. I usually also buy the baby ones, quarter them and saute in butter and garlic. They carmelize and soften and DH loves them with mashed potatoes and a steak.

Comment

They were really good. I ate a small portion and DH finished the entire bowl!!!
          Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I ate a small portion and DH finished the entire bowl!!!

Before kids,that was us !! Now I have to make so much more, due to my older 3 inhaling them!

Comment

We are actually adding this to our Thanksgiving menu!!!!!
              Luanne

Comment

I just made mine a little different:

Steamed with a sauce of
                Honey, butter, cayenne pepper, dry mustard, and ginger. Sweet with a little kick. They turned out really well, and I can't wait to heat them up tomorrow!
                -Deb
                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I made this last night and my husband who says that he likes brussel sprouts less than he likes eggplant (which he hates) ATE ALL OF THEM.

Yay!

they were yummy.

Jenn

Comment

I love brussel sprouts and do them slightly differently. I don't par boil.

I have to make these when dh isn't around, because he doesn't like that cabbage smell. :huh:

(This means, he won't eat Sauerkraut. No Rotkohl. None of the yummy German things) :banghead:
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Had to revive this!! They smell soooo good!
                      Luanne

Comment

I'm sorry, kind of off topic, but I can't help but share this story. I have a friend who is kind of a drunk. We went out for brunch/bloody marys one day and she was already a bit tipsy. They put Brussels sprouts in the drinks. She took one bite of it, spit it out and proclaimed "that was the worst olive I've ever had!"

Moral of the story: I love them, and pickled ones are especially yummy in bloodies
                        I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

This thread single handedly ended a thirty year hiatus I had on Brussels sprouts.
                          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

she took one bite of it, spit it out and proclaimed "that was the worst olive i've ever had!"
                            rofl!!!!
                            Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
                              They put Brussels sprouts in the drinks. She took one bite of it, spit it out and proclaimed "that was the worst olive I've ever had!"

Comment

Working...
                              X