Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

In what form do you make your holiday dressing/stuffing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In what form do you make your holiday dressing/stuffing?

Stove Top, baby, Just Add Water!!!

I don't stuff the bird, though. I've found that the turkey stays moist and tender and cooks much better when the cavity is empty. If I stuff the bird, I always wait until just before the turkey is ready to be served.

Re: In what form do you make your holiday dressing/stuffing?

We are stuffing addicts at my mom's. So, half of the sausage stuffing (white bread cubes based) goes in the bird and the other ginormous amount goes in a casserole pan. In a second casserole pan goes my grandfather's recipe for oyster stuffing.

I'm sad I'm going to miss them because I'm heading to cornbread dressing land instead of white bread stuffing...

Jenn

Comment

In a dish! We make two dressings, one cornbread based and the other Oyster.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
        In the turkey and in a casserole dish. I cannot even imagine doing the single serving thing, it would be so humiliating to see that I had eaten 12 servings.
        and that, ladies and gentlemen, is why i love Tara.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
          In the turkey and in a casserole dish. I cannot even imagine doing the single serving thing, it would be so humiliating to see that I had eaten 12 servings.

I love the stuffing in the bird but the cooking time is easier to manage without.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
            Originally posted by Jane

I love the stuffing in the bird but the cooking time is easier to manage without.
            I'm soooooo surprised to hear that you love the stuffing in the bird!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always liked that better, but 2 years ago I got super-sick off of stuffing in the bird, so I've sworn it off.

Comment

Is there a way to replicate it in a casserole dish? With enough butter and broth, I'm sure we could get close.

Comment

Working...
              X