Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

dinner club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dinner club

Tonight I met with my dinner club, this was our one year anniversary. We meet once a month (only women, no kids or spouses allowed). We rotate houses, and each month we have a theme. During desert we plan the next months dinner. We assign courses, the host house cooks the entree, and each person then picks a course. This is such a fun thing to do with friends who like to cook. Our fist dinner we had a regional theme, we each brought a dish from the region we grew up. We also bring copies of our recipe for everyone, and we are building a "cookbook". There are five of us now, with two joining next month. I just wanted to share this idea, it is really alot of fun and we all look forward to it. Where else can you get a great gourmet meal, with fun people for the cost of cooking one course. We also try to match wines with our food, and learn a little along the way. I subscribe to the Wine Spectator, so we try to use their advice. Bon Apetite
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Cool Idea!

Wow, Luanne...this is a really neat idea: NO kids, no spouses. How did you guys organize this initially? Is it a big problem when people don't live realy close by each other? How does it work out if you have a member a little farther away??

I wish I lived near you!!!!! That would be a blast!

Kris

Comment

Kris- most of the cooking magazines have dinner clubs attached. The new Cooking Light has a huge article about three different clubs and how they operate. Check it out. My parents used to participate in a dinner club and loved it.

Jenn

Comment

Kris,
        Three of us live close within 10 miles) and the other two are 20 miles and 40 miles away, It is worth the the effort.
        Luanne
        Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I love this idea....

I'm going to go out and find the Cooking Light for this month. I really love this idea. My mom belongs to a similar dinner club but I'd not ever really thought about it. It would be great fun to set up something like this with some of the people from the hospital that came at about the same time that we did...even though we don't know each other....it would be a great way to start to get to know each other.j

Maybe each month, one of us could act as the babysitting house so that we wouldn't have to pay a sitter?

Kris

Comment

dinner club

Luanne,
            I am in Brooklyn, which i think is close to you in NJ. If there is a dinner club forming, I would love to join.
            Sue Anne
            Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Call each other!

Wow..you guys should set something up and meet...that would be really neat.

We should set up some kind of a forum where people could post their location and hook up with other members...

Kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I work in Princeton, New Jersey and live in Pennington, New Jersey.
                We are in between Philadelphia and New York, (closer to PHILLY).
                Luanne
                Luanne

Comment

Working...
                X