Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Exploding potato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploding potato

I just had a potato explode in my oven. Usually I stab the potatoes a few times per the lore of exploding potatoes. I was in a hurry tonight and must have forgotten. I wasn't always completely convinced about this but now I am!

And now I have to really clean out the oven so that my cookies don't have that smoked potato aroma.

Re: Exploding potato

Just buy a new oven Nellie! This is your chance!

Comment

The problem is that it is a double oven which makes it more expensive and I don't want a double oven (same layout) when we remodel. I guess I could sell it on Craigslist. Which reminds me that i need to start scanning Craigslist again for a used oven!

I hate these ovens.

Comment

I always wondered if that would actually happen. Thanks for testing it out..... :>
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Thanks for doing the test for us!!!!!!!!!!!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thanks for being our very own myth buster!
            Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I have always thought it was a myth, too. But, I still always stab the potatoes. Thanks for being the guinea pig on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                I'd go for one like this:

Drool. Me want.

We have such similar taste, Annie, it's scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                  I'd go for one like this:

If anything gets replaced soon, it will be the KitchenAid "WhisperQuiet" dishwasher. I'm using Lily's sarcasti-quotes on that one. They should do a co-branding with Verizon for the KitchenAid "Can You Hear Me Now?" dishwasher because I can hear it in ever room of the house when it is running.

And yes, the fantabulous home warranty repair guy has been here. Twice.

Comment

Is that an Aga, Annie? I've been wanting one like that - but DH and I were heading towards Aga. Now I see the retro/French look coming out in other lines. (WS has one in the catalogue now for $8000. )
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Nellie, look into a Miele dishwasher. The compartments are really awesome - they make a whole lot more sense than many of the dishwashers I've seen.
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                      X