Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fish stew/soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish stew/soup

I love seafood soups, I'm always looking for new recipes, please share your favorites. I usually just make it up as I go with whatever is in the house.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Re: Fish stew/soup

I posted my favorite one on another soup thread. Corn and crab bisque. It's really good. Let me know if you want me to find it and post it here.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
      I posted my favorite one on another soup thread. Corn and crab bisque. It's really good. Let me know if you want me to find it and post it here.
      Go find it & re-post it(please ) We have plenty of crab clusters & legs frozen...your soup sounds like a nice altternative to our usual surf & turf!

Comment

As requested:

Corn and Crab Bisque

1 tablespoons olive oil
        1/2 cup minced onions
        1 cup uncooked sweet corn
        2 tablespoons minced shallots
        1 tablespoons minced garlic
        2 tablespoons minced celery
        Creole/Cajun/whatever you like seasoning blend
        1 cup chicken stock (not broth)
        3 bay leaves
        Salt and white pepper
        2 cups milk
        2 cups heavy cream
        1 teaspoons Old Bay
        blond roux (1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup flour)
        1 pound lump crab meat, picked over for shells and cartilage
        1/4 cup chopped green onions
        1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
        Splash of Sherry

In a large sauce pot, heat the olive oil. When the oil is smoking hot, add the onions, corn, shallots, garlic, celery and saute for 1 minute. Season with creole seasoning. Add the stock, and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Whisk in the milk, cream, and Old Bay. Bring back to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5-7 minutes. Whisk in the roux, 1 tablespoon at a time. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, whisking until the mixture thickens to desired thickness (I like it really thick and use all the roux). Stir in the crab meat, green onions, and Worcestershire and simmer for 6-8 minutes. Reseason if needed. Splash with sherry, stir, and serve.

This is an Emeril recipe that I changed a bit. It's really, really good, and super easy! We had it last night, in fact.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Working...
        X