Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Let's talk Pinot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk Pinot

Crap- we just tried a good one. I'll see if I can unearth it from the recycling bin.

Jenn

Re: Let's talk Pinot

HUGE fans of La Crema here. We have two bottles of their chardonnay in the wine fridge right now. and their Pinot is AWESOME.

another great and kind of obscure winery is Gundlach-Bundschu.
    We used to belong to their wine club because you can't get their stuff very many places.

FAB reds.

Jenn

Comment

re: Oregon, I like Evesham Woods and about anything from Owen Roe (O'Reillys Pinot Noir or Sharecroppers). The Evesham Woods that I like usually sells out quickly (this one is on the more delicate side and maybe not what you are after). There was another fuller-bodied OR Pinot that we had a few weeks ago. I'll scan the section at the store and see if I can remember.

Sass is another nice one.

Comment

Lily, for a meatier Pino stick to warmer climates, which means CA vs OR. I know US wines tend to be on a pricier side but I found Pino from CA to be the heaviest. Try Artesa Pino Noir, I think it might be closer to $30 though. South American Pinos also tend to be very good and with more body. Unfortunately, my favorite (Palo Alto from Mendoza) isn't available in the States.

Comment

I like A to Z Pino from Oregon.

I have no idea if it's full or not -- just that I like it and it's less than 20 dollars a bottle. YUM.
          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Lily, I had another idea for a fuller Pinot. See if you can find any French ones from 2004. That was a hot year and they'll be fuller. French call Pinot - Burgundy.

Comment

In the interest of research, I picked up a Columbia Valley pinot noir yesterday. I'll let you know what it is like. I got it at Whole Foods which makes me think it is more widely available.

re: the A to Z. I like that one too. I don't think I have had the current year (vintage?) available. Assuming that previous years are similar, I'd call it medium-bodied. The A to Z is probably also more widely available.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                In the interest of research, I picked up a Columbia Valley pinot noir yesterday. I'll let you know what it is like. I got it at Whole Foods which makes me think it is more widely available.
                you're a giver Nellie H.

Comment

Castle Rock, Columbia Valley, Pinot Noir, 2006 (??)

Castle Rock is a Sonoma based winery that has a vineyard(s?) in Columbia Valley (WA). I would say this was solid in the medium body category and no more than that. Balanced, berry fruit, nice finish, zero barnyard. Good with a mushroom omelet. Inoffensive in a way that makes it good but not remarkable. $10 at Whole Foods.

Comment

Working...
                  X