Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

the Frittata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Frittata

Perhaps the greatest invention ever. Tonight's was a whole red pepper, green pepper, yellow pepper, broccoli spear, half an onion (carmelized), some fresh spinach leaves and the last 6 black olives. I whipped up six eggs and then added some feta to the eggs. Poured the eggs on top of the glorious veggie mix, let it set for about 7 minutes on low-medium heat. Then I topped it w/ some parmesan and slid it under the broiler to get brown and crusty for about five minutes.

Meanwhile I had made some home fries while I carmelized the onion and cooked the peppers.

I do one at least once a month because it's a great way to use up nearly done veggies. (plus it makes excellent leftovers for lunch)

Jenn

Re: the Frittata

I made something similar for breakfast yesterday. I used olive oil in the pan (never done that before, but my Spanish friend brought a Spanish tortilla - basically a fritatta - over on Friday and I wanted to try it). I cooked up some potatoes / onions, sausage, spinach and cheese. It was awesome, and I had some leftover for breakfast today.

I'm going to start making these quite often. I've realized that I truly love eggs, and I'll even eat veggies when there are eggs involved.

Comment

One of my college roommates (going for a PhD in Spanish) made Torilla Espanola as her go to meal. (Looking back, I don't think I ever saw her cook anything else!)

I like to make fritattas with leftover pasta as well. Caramelize some onion and garlic, toss in the pasta until heated through then add the eggs mixed with parmesan or romano cheese.

They are easy and cheap way to use up what you have laying around.
      Kris

Comment

Can I ask a naive question? What is the difference between a frittata and an omelete?
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Frittata's are easier.

W/ the frittata, you cook the veggies however you'd like them and then pour the eggs over top. You let the eggs set and then pop your pan under the broiler to let it brown.

W/ the omelette you make the eggs and then fold them into the middle of the nearly done eggs.

Way, way easier to just dump the eggs and let them do their thing.

Jenn

Comment

I actually put the veggies and cheese in after the bottom of the eggs have set. It seems to hold together better that way. But...same idea nonetheless. I love frittatas!!!

Might I recommend my ABSOLUTE favorite...
            Fresh spinach, sauteed mushrooms, and herbed brie. Holy crap is it good.

Comment

Working...
            X