Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

For Kelly: Vodka Penne Pasta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Kelly: Vodka Penne Pasta

Ingredients:

Salt
    2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
    2 Garlic cloves minced
    1/2 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper (go an buy 1 small fresh habernero pepper instead if you can and use that!)
    1/4 cup of vodka for the recipe (1/4 to put in your diet coke with lemon!)
    1 1/4 cups of strained tomatoes
    1/2 cup of light cream
    4 1/2 cups of penne rigati or penne pasta
    12 large fresh basil leaves (cut into thin strips)
    1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
    1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella diced into cubes

1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
    2. heat olive oil in a large pan. Add the garlic and habernero pepper and cook until you can smell the yummy garlic. REMOVE the pan from the heat and add the vodka. (Careful, it can catch fire or flash). It iwll boil a little....then put the pan on the heat and add the strained tomaotes...season with salt to taste. Bring this to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the cream.

3. Cook the Penne noodles in the boiling water. Drain. Pour sauce over the Penne pasta noodles in the pot and add the basil. Stir over low heat. Add salt if you need to.

4. Remove from heat and add parmesan and mozzarella cheese....Mozzarella should melt on its own without heating it up.

Asparagus to go with it?

Ingredients:
    1 pound of asparagus
    1 tablespoon of butter, melted
    salt
    black pepepr
    1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

1. Trim the tough ends form the asparagus...and clean them.
    2. Prehate the oven to 450F. Spread the asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle the butter over them. (Coat the asparagus as evenly as you can). Bake for about 10 minutes or until they are tender.
    3. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the asparagus and cook for 2 more minutes.

Yummy. When's dinner? I'll try and make it.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: For Kelly: Vodka Penne Pasta

Thanks Kris! I appreciate it!

(Kris made this for me one time in MN. I am having some of DH's colleagues over tomorrow night so I took the recipe with me to get all the ingredients. After purchasing $200 worth of groceries I realized that I had lost Kris's recipe. I begged her to post this. She saved my butt! )

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

What time do I arrive Kelly. I love Vodka Penne Pasta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck - enjoy!

Comment

People are showing up at 5:30. I have this funny feeling that Sean will be late to his own dinner party. Fortunately, the guests are surgeons and spouses so they will be understanding about his probable delay.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

You may have only spouses for the first two hours, then the surgeons will show up. Use that first two hours to consume the remaineder of the vodka.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
          X