Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Freezing Lasagna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing Lasagna

Help!!!!! I know how to freeze soups, stews, chili, etc., but how do you freeze something like lasagna or other casseroles? I have a huge freezer and I want to make some meals for Amy for after the baby gets here. What is the best way to freeze something like lasagna or Turkey Tetrazzini?

I would also appreciate any ideas for things to make ahead and freeze.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Re: Freezing Lasagna

here's a thread from a cooking board, asking the very same thing!

http://community.cookinglight.com/showt ... 75&t=92804

Comment

Thank you sooo much.
      Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne this will be one of the BEST things you can do for her. I JUST made dinner for the first time last night b/c Adele always seems to want to eat when I should be cooking. Prepared meals have been a life saver!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

ITA--the best gift I ever received as a new mother was a fully stocked fridge before I came home. Does she have a deep freeze? We bought one for about $160 a few years ago and it was awesome when Kendall was born. It helped us stock up on meals and breast milk. I honestly think that a gift of a deep freeze is a more useful gift than a changing table or wipe warmer. But that is just me.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thanks!!!! They don't have a freezer, nor do they have room for one. BUT________________ I live 12 miles away and I have dedicated my freezer to her. Amy & I plan to cook together the month before the baby is here.
            Luanne

Comment

She is so lucky to have you. Enjoy spoiling the dickens out of your first grandbabe.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
                She is so lucky to have you. Enjoy spoiling the dickens out of your first grandbabe.

Kelly
                ITA!!

Meals are the BEST gift!!!!!!!!!!!

I really liked soup when my kids were born. Put it with a salad and that's dinner for me or just warm up a small portion as your time allows. It's also (or it can be) much healthier than some of the YUMMY but high calorie comfort food that's easy to freeze.

Kudos for being such a helpful Grandmother!
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                X