Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Need recipes with sour cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need recipes with sour cream

I have a large stack of coupons for free sour cream which do not expire until 2009. I'm picking up a can of low fat sour cream each week because, hey, its free. The only easy recipe I have which includes sour cream is Easy Beef Stroganoff. Do you all have any great, preferably easy, recipes which use sour cream? I'd appreciate it.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Re: Need recipes with sour cream

Does it have to be with beef?

I have an easy american lasagna that has sour cream. I do have a banana bread that uses sour cream, and a rolled sugar cookie. Let me know if you want any of those.

I use sour cream a lot with Mexican food too.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

No, any recipe will do...This section was just divided out into different meat bases. I would love some German recipes too! I'm craving food from the Motherland. O.K., not my motherland, but someone's motherland. (Kris, Allison!)

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

How about Hungarian Gulasch?
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

My mom makes a good gulasch - here's a recipe, but you could look around online for a recipe that looks good to you.

http://homecooking.about.com/od/beefrec ... eef166.htm
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I like the goulash idea. You could make it with chicken too. Yum on banana bread as well. That is a lot of coupons, Kelly!

How about baked potatoes? Or Baked Potato Soup? We are having soup weather today.

Comment

I recently got a lot of sour cream too! I posted a couple recipes that I made on my blog:
              http://medicalspouse.blogspot.com/20...l<br /> <br />Granted, the egg brunch dish is slightly involved, but it can be made a day or two ahead. The muffins have a lot of ingredients, but it's really quick to make them. Good luck!

Comment

The scones I make require sour cream. They're on allrecipes as Grandma Johnson's Scones.

Comment

I have that scone recipe but I seem to never get around to making it.

You can also use a cup of sour cream in a Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Cheesecake recipe from kraftfoods.com and it's deeee-licious.
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

The Perfect Comfort Dinner:

One large bag of Doritos, any flavor
                    One carton sour cream
                    One bottle of Pinot Grigio!

Enjoy!
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Sour cream is great with fresh strawberries or blueberries. I also add it to scambled eggs (instead of milk/cream) and mashed potatoes. I've a recipe for sour cream pancakes that are great, if you're interested.

Comment

My caviar ball has sour cream in it- if you need to do any entertaining.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                          The Perfect Comfort Dinner:

One large bag of Doritos, any flavor
                          One carton sour cream
                          One bottle of Pinot Grigio!

Enjoy!

OMG, Luanne! I love Doritos and cottage cheese (yeah, I know) but sour cream would be even better!

Comment

Working...
                          X