Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Favorite kitchen tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite kitchen tool

What is your "can't do without" kitchen tool this summer?

This is my new best friend. Amy talked me into spending a little extra $ and getting this salad spinner. I LOVE fresh salads and HATE washing lettuce. This little gem is worth every penny. Yes, it is true, I have no life.

OXO Salad Spinner

Oil-based salad dressings will only adhere to greens that are perfectly dry – and this salad spinner makes child’s play of drying them. It operates like a spinning top: One press of the cushioned pump knob sets the inner basket spinning, drying the leafy greens inside it. Unlike spinners powered by a crank or pull cord, this one is operated by just one hand, with a nonskid base to hold it in place. To halt the spinning, press the brake button on the lid. After pouring off the collected water, you can keep the dried greens refrigerated in the closed spinner until it’s time to make a salad. The basket doubles as a colander, while the sturdy clear plastic bowl is useful for serving. For compact storage, the pump locks down. Dishwasher safe. 10" diam., 7 1/2" high overall.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Re: Favorite kitchen tool

My Salad Shooter. I love it for grating cheese.

I do like my salad spinner, too.

Comment

I have a Zyliss salad spinner and love it. It does take up a lot of space though.

Comment

Well I'll be the oddball here and say my favorite kitchen tool is my Pampered Chef Pizza Stone. I use it to cook so much and would be lost without it.

I hear you on the storage issue though. It keeps me from buying so many cool things.
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I really love my Micro Cooker by Pampered Chef.

http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_product ... oryCode=CW

I use just about every day to steam vegetables for dinner, it's great!!
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I'm currently in love with my Teavana tea steeper. http://www.teavana.com/Featured-Product ... r-16oz.axd I had two tea steeping ball things, but neither would close securely and I kept ending up with flotsam in my tea. This is perfect and makes me happy.

I've got a salad spinner too (Tupperware brand), and it's a PITA to store. Therefore it's up above the fridge and I rarely use it.

Comment

I agree with Lilly. Good knives are everything. (Not that I currently own a good set, but someday, my cutlery will rock).

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Other than my dishwasher?

I love my salad spinner (lives in the colander in one of the drawers), my grater (grates directly into a storage container- love that!) and my Foreman grill- except it's not a Foreman.

Jenn

Comment

I got rid of a breadmaker that I never use so that I could get a salad spinner. I still have to get it, but at least I have a plan!
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Things I use for every meal I make:

8 in chefs knife
                    TONGS - extension of my hands
                    My all clad skillet that is deep enough to act as a wok and holds heat beautifully. All metal so can be used to sear things on the stove and finish in the oven. Many one pan meals made with this baby.

Comment

All my Tupperware! I "sold" it for a couple months when I first got married, so I could buy it for myself at the consultant discount. My favorite gadgets that I got were the salad spinner and the garlic press. I put fresh garlic in almost everything I cook, and the Tupperware one is dishwasher safe, so it's super easy to clean up.
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

[quote="Luanne123"]What is your "can't do without" kitchen tool this summer?
                        Amy talked me into spending a little extra $ and getting this salad spinner. I LOVE fresh salads and HATE washing lettuce

If you love salad, you should try the "salad scissors" from William Sonoma. They have 3 blades so you can chop lettuce into small even pieces with no effort. Definately a must have for a salad lover.

I go through phases with my kitchen tools, right now I am all about my mini cheesecake pan, also william sonoma. They make perfect little snack cheesecakes that helps me keep my serving size in check while still enjoy the delectable cake!

Comment

I love my 14-cup capacity Cuisinart food processor. :mydoc: I use it at least twice a week. I used to make dough, great cheese, slice fruits and veggies, etc. I also love my Pampered Chef Baking Stones- have small one that I use in the microwave, and actually helps keep the kids chicken nuggets from being soggy, a rectangular one that I bake cookies on, and then a large one that I make my pizza on.
                          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                          X