Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Okay, Leftover Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, Leftover Time!

Day after Turkey Day. What to do with leftovers? Here's my recipe for Moroccan Chicken with Hot and Sweet Tomato Sauce, but you can substitute Turkey just the same.

1 onion chopped
    2 cloves garlic, finely minced
    2 tablespoons butter
    3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
    2 cups tomato sauce
    2 tablespoons dark honey
    salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
    8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or left over turkey slices
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    2 tablespoons sesame seeds
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Make the tomato sauce--In a food processor, process the onion and garlic until a coarse paste forms. In a saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the onion-garlic puree and saute for about 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in the cinnamon, ginger and cayenne and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and honey and simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
    Brown the Chicken( if using turkey that's already cooked skip this step). Blot the chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat half of the olive oil over med-high heat. Add half af the chicken pieces to the pan and saute for 2-3 min. Turn chicken and saute for another 2-3 min until browned. Transfer to a baking dish. Repeat process with remaining oil and chicken.

Bake the chicken with the sauce- Spoon sauce over the chicken or pre cooked turkey and bake for 15 min or until chicken is cooked through (180 degess internally).

Garnish and serve- Sprinkle chicken with the sesame seeds (I like to toast mine first) and cilantro and divide among plates. Serve hot.

I like to serve this on a bed of couscous with grilled flatbread or pita bread. Make sure to have plenty of olive oil with cracked pepper, garlic and cayenne for dipping. I also suggest a nice Reisling or Gewurztraminer to accompany this. Your SO will never look at leftovers the same way!

Trisha

Trisha...

We're going to have to post this on the new recipe page...www.medicalspouse.com/recipes

As soon as all of the recipes are transferred, I'm closing this part down

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Ok, I made this last night. Two thumbs up, from me and DH. It was the last possible day to use the leftover turkey, but it still turned out great.
      Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Working...
      X