Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

waiting for the bread to rise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiting for the bread to rise?

how long does that take?

my first attempt at making cinnamon raisin bread....it said to kneed for 10 minutes, then set aside in a greased bowl to rise...then punch down.

it has been (not really) rising for about 40min. maybe spreading(?) would be more like it?

NELLIE!!!! where are you?
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Re: waiting for the bread to rise?

okay, so between having "help" from my two girls, and confusingasshit recipe instructions...i missed about 3.5 cups of flour.

the recipe makes no sense....

i just re-kneeded (is that a word?) it with the extra flour. i fully expect it to taste like ass...but hey, it was worth a try. right?

Comment

and now my house smells like a big fat burnt FRENCH FRY!!!!

why??? because dh made french fries last night...turned the oven off....left them in there....never ate them....and now they're the color of black tar....and my house STINKS!

Comment

Where am I? In the laundry room.

I am not thinking clearly today. Maybe you made a sponge (dough starter) for the yeast dough? Very fancy, Sylvia. That usually makes it taste better. Too bad it doesn't give you an estimated rise time. I would say 1.5-2 hours or so but I'm guessing.

Does the oven smell like burnt fries still? I'm not sure how to clear that out of there but you don't want the cinnamon rolls to pick it up.

Comment

thanks, nellie

im so frustrated at this point!!! nothing has gone right for me since the alarm went off at 6:30. NOTHING. im annoyed that are were no directions about the dough rising.

i rolled the halves...sprinkled with water, cinnamon and sugar, rolled them up and threw them in the oven. at this point i don't even care anymore.

i only have one packet of yeast left...and i need two. so, i can't even start over.

thanks for getting back to me. maybe next time i will have better luck!

oh, and why is this forum still "old" skool?

Comment

okay, so...i thought i would try this little experiment again.

does anyone have a cinnamon raisin bread recipe? im going to look around online again......maybe this next one will have better instructions. :huh:

Comment

i found a recipe with great reviews, CLEAR instructions, and made by the amish. hopefully this goes better than the other day.

Comment

I vote for the pillsbury cinnimon rolls that come in a can.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

that would be too easy!

plus, the whole point is to save money! my kids love, love, love cinnamon raisin bread/toast. it's almost $4 a (small) bag.

Comment

Sounds like you found one. I was going to suggest looking on the King Arthur flour website. I'm not sure if they post recipes but that would be a good place to check.

eta: Here is a recipe for cinnamon bread...wonder if you could just throw in some raisins?
                    http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/Rec ... lay?RID=28

Comment

i think i did it, nellie. the kids have tried it, and are asking for more. it's nicely browned...sounds hollow...smells great...and doesn't weigh like a ton of bricks...like last weeks attempt.

Comment

Working...
                      X