Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is your favorite comfort food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite comfort food?

Thu Van I took this idea from your comment about comfort food.
    My favorite comfort food is my mother's chicken & dumplings. This is also my oldest daughter's favorite comfort food.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

comfort food

McDonald's french fries with mayonnaise. Isn't that AWFUL???...a definate no-no on my diet 8)
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Probably chocolate chip cookies, and if they're not available, then chocolate in any form. Those "place and bake" cookies were an answer to my prayers (well, not literally, but I really do like them!). For awhile I was eating 2 every day during naptime, then it grew to 3, then to 4, and finally I had to quit buying them altogether.
      Fries with mayonaise sounds like an interesting combination!
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

rice pudding
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

wow, this is hard. so many foods make me feel good! The non-sweet variety include soup (any kind though I do favor those with noodles or cream!), spaghetti and meatballs, meatloaf, and fried chicken. Those down-home kind of dishes.

The sweet variety: ice cream!

Comment

well, I just found out we are expecting #3! So...as gross as it sounds I am craving burgers right now. Wierd for me. (Inn and Out burgers)

But I have a major sweet tooth and LOVE chocolate any way I can get it oh, and fries. NICE eating habits , huh? (these are just cravings)

Comment

Congratulations on number 3
              Luanne
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Congratulations, and welcome to the Threes club!

Kris, I like french fries with ranch dressing. Cheesy fries with ranch dressing are awesome too

Comment

The ultimate comfort food is meatloaf and mashed potatos.

The ultimate snack food is fresh tortilla chips with queso

The ultimate drink? the margarita, with salt, on ice, not frozen

The ultimate desert? My mom's peppermint ice cream pie with the chocolate cookie crust.

Jenn

Comment

buffalo wings. jason always knows i have had a bad day when i break out the fryer.
                    Mom to three wild women.

Comment

mmm...peppermint ice cream with chocolate cookie crust.....I agree there...

Now I am hungry....

Comment

Gosh--there are so many. I have a sweet tooth the size of the Grand Canyon, but as far as "comfort food" I'd have to say my Grandma's Red Velvet Cake. Has anyone here tried it? I'm thinking about making it soon. It is a fairly difficult recipe that I haven't been able to make since her death but I think that I'm ready to try.

This food takes me back to my days of pig tails and rollerskates!

Kelly
                        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Ben and Jerry's ice cream
                          hot chocolate
                          tea
                          (Not all at the same time)

Comment

In my earlier days I would have said a nice shot of Tequila Now I would say Fried chicken and mashed potatoes with counrty gravy.

Trisha

Comment

Rice pudding with vanilla sauce, cinnamon toast and hot chocolate, or my mother's version of spaghetti--the sauce being tomato juice, Velveeta cheese, chopped onion and Lawry's Seasoned Salt.

Kelly, I LOVE red velvet cake. Very old-fashioned and Southern.

Comment

Working...
                              X