Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

4th of July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July

OK I'm supposed to "bring a salad to serve 12" for the picnic w/ the neurologists. (luckily they're not nearly as boring as you'd think a picnic with a bunch of neurologists would be. All of the spouses are also medical, too. Except me. Whoo hooo, heroin addicts!)

anyway- I asked my beloved airhead to find out whether this is supposed to be a green salad or a pasta/potato salad. On the 100% likely chance that he won't remember this detail, what should I make. and let me mention that I'm open to anything because I'm completely uninspired.

Jenn

I'd go with a green salad. Just chop up a couple heads of lettuce, some carrots, tomatoes, and cucumbers, bring a bottle of dressing, and you are done.
    Last edited by MrsK; 07-02-2009, 11:23 AM.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I'm bringing taco salad. No one ever thinks of that

1lb ground beef
      1pkg taco season
      1bottle catalina salad dressing
      1pkg shredded cheese
      2chopped tomatoes
      1small head iceberg lettuce
      1bag doritos

Bring the lettuce and chips with you and mix in right before serving. You prolly won't need the whole head or bag. Serve cold.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I would probably stay away from pasta/potato salad just because they tend to have mayo and not sure if it's a good idea to have a mayo salad sitting in TX summer heat outside. Tossed salad would be more refreshing too. You can add some fruit (like apples or strawberries) if you feel creative.

Comment

I'd do a tomato salad. Sliced tomato, fresh basil, oregano, Italian parsley, salt, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Fresh bread on the side. Yummy and refreshing.
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Tara-

YES! Brilliant.

J.

Comment

Thanks! Have a blast at the picnic!!
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

pfft!

Sounds yummy!
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Tara has posted this salad before. It's SO good!
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I love that tomato salad, but with the little balls of fresh mozzarella thrown in too.

Isn't everything better with cheese?
                    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, Julia. That one gets my vote.

My friend is bringing a watermelon, feta, and blueberry salad to our house on Sat. You can also put mint in there.

Comment

Working...
                      X