Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pancake Batter Dispenser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pancake Batter Dispenser

Every Saturday I make pancakes. Just something that DH and I have done since we lived together. I really want one of those batter dispensers. I went to William Sonoma today and it was like 39.99 (OUCH). I have found some on Amazon.com for about 13 bucks. Have any of you guys every used one of these? Right now I am doing the whole ladle and bowl operations, most of the batter seems to go everywhere.
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

IMO they aren't worth it; I had one.

I have a small plastic pitcher that I whip up my batter in and I just pour it out.
    Last edited by Momo; 07-05-2009, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I just use a 3/4 cup scoop. I get it dirty mixing up the batter anyway and then I just use it to dispense.
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I am totally biased towards spending the money and buying one

why? You enjoy making them, batter is messy, and I have contemplated buying one myself. Let me know if you like it!

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Well I broke down and bought one today. It was only 12 dollars and free shipping from Amazon. I will post how I like it. I hope it works!!
          Brandi
          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

We have the WS one and I LOVE it! No more wasted batter and it is so easy to use. Plus I get perfectly round pancakes for a change.
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Just made pancakes, and I am in love with the batter dispenser. It did allow one drip of batter to get through, but that was it. They were perfectly round and no mess!! It gets kinda hard at the end, but I just had a small silicone spatula and pushed it through. It makes it easier for me, so it is a keeper!!

I bought mine at Amazon.com It was only 11.75 and free shipping. Here is the link!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product
              Brandi

Comment

I'm tempted now, I may even have WS gift cards left over from my wedding...I should spend those before I spend money!

That is my least favorite part of making pancakes, I always make such a mess. But it does become a game of sort - like the cloud game - this one looks like a puppy, no a frog...maybe a turtle. You get the picture!

Thanks for the great idea.

-C
                Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Oh my gosh! I had do idea that these even existed! I need one! 8 )

Do you think it would work with chocolate chips or blueberries in the batter? My daughter will only eat chocolate chip pancakes or blueberry pancakes.
                  Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I made blueberry ones. I just did a regular pancake batter, and once I had them on the griddle, I placed the blueberries right on. I don't know if it would work if you placed the blueberries/chocolate chips, in the dispenser. They might all settle on bottom and end up in one pancake.
                    Brandi

Comment

That might not be a bad thing....depending on who gets that pancake!
                      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                      X