Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bay scallops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay scallops?

(The little ones.)

We got a huge bag of them from Costco. DH mixed half of them up with some garlic and olive oil and put them on pasta, which came out well.

Any brilliant ideas for the rest of them? I am so not a creative cook.
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

I like to add them on top of salad. You could also make a shrimp salad.
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Julia,TJs carries a bag of frozen sting beans w/a special sauce packet inside that is made for scallops!
      PM me or remind me on my FB Wall and I will go dig through the freezer and get the name. We serve it over white rice. Mmmmm Mmmmm!

Comment

This is for sea scallops - not sure exactly how it converts, but it was yummy!

Roasted Sea Scallops

1 large tomato, chopped
        1 medium onion, chopped
        1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
        1 Tablespoon olive oil
        1½ teaspoon paprika
        ½ teaspoon salt
        ¼ teaspoon pepper
        12 sea scallops (2 oz. each)
        Hot cooked rice

In an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes or until bubbly.

Stir in scallops. Bake 15 minutes longer or until scallops are firm and opaque. Serve with rice.

Yield: 4 servings
        Source: Taste of Home
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Seafood Gumbo! Add some shrimp and okra and what ever type of roux you like...

RB

Comment

cook them in some bacon grease- crumble the bacon w/ the cooked scallops and serve over fresh pasta.

Jenn

Comment

I have made a curry cream sauce and added them in and stuffed crepes with them. Yummy

Comment

I made the baked scallops recipe from allrecipes and it was pretty good.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Scallops/Detail.aspx

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

• 4 tablespoons butter, melted
                • 1 1/2 pounds bay scallops, rinsed and drained
                • 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
                • 1 teaspoon onion powder
                • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
                • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
                • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
                • 3 cloves garlic, minced
                • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
                2. Pour melted butter into a 2 quart oval casserole dish. Distribute butter and scallops evenly inside the dish.
                3. Combine the bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, minced garlic and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle this mixture over the scallops.
                4. Bake in pre-heated oven until scallops are firm, about 20 minutes.

I use fresh onions b/c I don't have onion powder and I use peccorino romano cheese b/c I don't have parmesan. I leave out the garlic powder.
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Michele, I almost made that recipe. I ended up with a chowder also from allrecipes. Aside from it not being chowder weather at all, it was really good!
                  Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Working...
                  X