Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's the craziest thing you've ever eaten?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the craziest thing you've ever eaten?

Not for the faint of heart, I want to know what is the craziest thing you've ever eaten.

I've had pig's brain (in an omelette - my father told me AFTER I ate it what he had put in it), tripe, and sea urchin (at sushi joint).

Tripe (or las tripas as it's known here in San Antonio), barbacoa (cow's cheeks and some other part of the head, if you know what I mean. although my book-keeper brought some to my house and she said that when you order it you have to ask for "all meat" which means they leave out the brains), sea urchin (sushi and I have to say it was the singlemost disgusting thing I have ever injested in my life- dog sh*t probably tastes better and actually does smell better!)

I ate the Easter Bunny. (Rabbit, on Easter, in Paris)

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
      sea urchin (sushi and I have to say it was the singlemost disgusting thing I have ever injested in my life- dog sh*t probably tastes better and actually does smell better!)
      That was hilarious! You are absolutely right! DH and I tried it and practically gagged - and to think it was a delicacy - we thought "what the hell are people thinking????"

Comment

Also sea urchin!!! I had it in Japan, and dod not know what I was eating until after dinner. I also had some really disgusting things in Korea, and still do not know what I was eating!!!!
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

i worked in cambodia in summer 2001 and while i was there i ate fried tarantula, fried crickets, duck blood soup and bird's eggs that were about to hatch (ie there was an intact baby bird inside). i would say that none of it was even remotely good tasting at all.
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

You win!!!! YUCK
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I've had Rocky Mountain Oysters (bull testicles), cold rattlesnake cocktail (like shrimp cocktail but with cold rattlesnake and it did NOT taste like chicken!), and tripe and tendon in a bowl of Pho, but yeah, the fried tarantula and almost hatched bird eggs wins. 8O I'm queasy just thinking about it.

Comment

Well, I'm really tame, then! My "wild" culinary experiences are limited to fried frogs legs (liked them) and escargot (bleh! yuck!). My husband has tried to talk me into eating cabrito (baby goat) and menudo (cow tripe dish that his family ADORES) as well as pickled jalepenos (which he eats with almost every meal, no exaggeration). I won't touch any of those things - I'm such a wus.
                Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                With fingernails that shine like justice
                And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Boy, I missed this thread earlier and I can't say that I'm sorry! I hope none of our newly pregnant members see it -- I am queasy already without any hormonal encouragement! I am, however, strangely impressed by your courage in trying some of this stuff -- those of you who knew what you were eating beforehand, that is.

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                  X