Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

pumpkin buttermilk bundt cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pumpkin buttermilk bundt cake

I posted this last year, but thought it was definitely worth reposting. I made several last year as gifts and they were a big hit. The girls and I are going to make the first annual pumpkin buttermilk cake today.

Pumpkin Buttermilk Bundt Cake

2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened, plus additional for greasing bundt pan
    2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for dusting pan
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
    1 teaspoon ground allspice
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 1/4 cups canned solid-pack pumpkin (from a 15-oz can; not pie filling)
    3/4 cup well-shaken buttermilk
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
    3 large eggs

For glaze:
    2 T butter
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1-3 T cream or milk

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour bundt pan. Combine together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together pumpkin, buttermilk and vanilla in another bowl.

Beat butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes, then add eggs and beat 1 minute. Reduce speed to low and add flour and pumpkin mixtures alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour mixture and mixing until batter is just smooth.

Spoon batter into pan. Shake a few times to be sure to remove any bumps then bake until a wooden pick or skewer inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool cake in pan on a rack 15 minutes, then invert rack over cake and reinvert cake onto rack. Cool 10 minutes more.

To make glaze, heat butter until melted. Stir in sifted powdered sugar. Mix in cream or milk 1 Tablespoon at a time until desired consistency. Drizzle over cake while it is on a wire rack so excess falls through.
    Last edited by Ladybug; 10-12-2009, 04:34 AM.
    -Ladybug

looks yummy! Thanks for the post! I am going to make this for MIL's visit this week!

Comment

OOOH J was looking over my shoulder when reading this and got VERY excited. I guess Im making it! Looks yummy.
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I make a similar recipe and it is always a big hit. thanks for posting. I may have to go make that now.
        Needs

Comment

That looks really yummy - may have to dust off the bundt pan for that one.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I knew I bought too many cans of pumpkin at Costco for a reason. I just didn't know what it was at the time. This looks delicious.

Comment

YUM YUM!! Ryan's brother is flying in this weekend, so I will make this! Thanks. I love all the recipe trading on here!
              Brandi
              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

How long do you think the batter will keep? I have mini-bundt pans (6-cup) and most recipes are scaled for 12-cup right? If I make the batter do you think I could bake half one day and the other half a few days later? Maybe I'll just try to half the recipe.... I want to share some of the finished product with one of my techs, but I won't see her until Friday. I didn't want to wait that long to make and eat it!
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                X