Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New(ish) favorite food finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
    I've discovered steel cut oatmeal. Oh my. A bowl of that with turbinado sugar, walnuts and dried cherries is my new comfort food for a cold day.
    I love steel cut oatmeal - we cook it up with cinnamon, vanilla, and apples. Yum!! I'm going to have to try it with dried cherries. mmmm...
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
      My neighbor distributes food from Ohio's Amish community to local stores. He keeps promising to start a fresh egg pick up point in his garage. I can't wait for that. Fresh eggs make baked goods so much better.

SInce I've been altering my diet so much to accomodate my sore tummy, I've discovered steel cut oatmeal. Oh my. A bowl of that with turbinado sugar, walnuts and dried cherries is my new comfort food for a cold day.

The dried cherries are an old addiction. Can't ever be without those.
      I tried some oatmeal recently that had brown sugar, dried berries, walnuts, and it was so yummy. Thank you for reminding me about this!
      Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

OMG I found my perfect blend of flavors: dark chocolate w/a hint of sea salt!!

http://www.lindt.com/int/swf/eng/pro...ence/sea-salt/

Comment

Originally posted by Shazam View Post
          OMG I found my perfect blend of flavors: dark chocolate w/a hint of sea salt!!

http://www.lindt.com/int/swf/eng/pro...ence/sea-salt/
          Those sound delicious, they remind me of these, really unique chocolate (like Applewood bacon, alderwood salt and deep milk chocolate). Anyway, check them out - my favorite was the Ginger, wasabi, black sesame seeds & 55% dark chocolate, ooh, and the curry & coconut. Sorry to hijack - you just got me excited about unique chocolate and I love Lindt. Where did you find it?

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
            Those sound delicious, they remind me of these, really unique chocolate (like Applewood bacon, alderwood salt and deep milk chocolate). Anyway, check them out - my favorite was the Ginger, wasabi, black sesame seeds & 55% dark chocolate, ooh, and the curry & coconut. Sorry to hijack - you just got me excited about unique chocolate and I love Lindt. Where did you find it?
            I think it was @ Walgreen's !

Comment

Crystal-

You're thinking of Vosages chocolates.

They're freaking amazing. My SILs sister sends a box to my parents every Christmas and we all sit around and have chocolate orgasms after dinner. (except my dad who doesn't like chocolate)

J.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                Crystal-

You're thinking of Vosages chocolates.

They're freaking amazing. My SILs sister sends a box to my parents every Christmas and we all sit around and have chocolate orgasms after dinner. (except my dad who doesn't like chocolate)

J.
                I've only had the bars...but just googled and discovered they make truffles. I'd have to agree with you, chocolate orgasms is accurate. For those of you interested (and if you like chocolate, you should be):

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/

Comment

HG's Complete & Utter Oatmeal INSANITY!

This is, HANDS DOWN, the world's CRAZIEST and most delicious bowl of guilt-free oatmeal!!!

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 179 calories, 3.5g fat, 367mg sodium, 40g carbs, 11g fiber, 3g sugars, 7g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

Ingredients:

1 packet Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Regular
                  1/4 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
                  1/4 cup light vanilla soymilk
                  2 tbsp. canned pure pumpkin
                  2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip
                  1 tbsp. sugar-free maple syrup
                  1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
                  5 sprays I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
                  1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda)
                  dash salt

Directions:
                  Place all ingredients except for Reddi-wip in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup water and stir. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir, and then continue to cook in the microwave for 30 - 40 seconds. Once oatmeal has thickened, remove bowl from the microwave. Add the Reddi-wip, and stir well. Then enjoy the best bowl of oatmeal you've EVER tasted!

I hear a lot of oatmeal lovers out there, So i thought I would post this. i have not tried it yet but it sounds great!! I love oatmeal. What is steel cut oatmeal (or whatever it was u guys were talking about)?
                  Brandi
                  Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

My mom inflicted cruel and unusual punishment and took me to Whole Foods to which I have not been to in years forgetting all the glorious yummy freshly made goodies there. Not to mention that the only way I can go to Whole Foods is if I make an 5 hour drive to Salt Lake City, OR I pay $200+ for a roundtrip ticket to Dallas, TX.

Anyway, while I was there I fell in love with Whole Foods Cranberry Orange Granola, and White Chocolate Royale Bread. My mom did feel bad enough for me that she bought me large granola and loaf of bread to take home with me.
                    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                    X