Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

October Cooking Club Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Cooking Club Pictures

I brought the finished product to the office and shared with everyone (since DH has no appreciation!). Actually, he loved the soup.
    Attached Files
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Well, Luanne, what did you think?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I loved it!!!! I have eaten way too many beets (I made two batches) in the past few days. I would definitely make the soup and the beets again. I'm not a baker, so I surprised myself with how good the cake turned out. I enjoyed cooking all of it. Jory really liked the soup, and he is usually one of those "food is fuel" people. When I go away I get him extra boxes of cereal and milk!! I picked up blue cheese instead of gorgonzola by mistake, but it was still very good. Thanks again for organizing this.
      Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

My Le Crueset is the same color! Now I just have to figure out where to store it ...

I loved the soup, and even though I had trouble with the cake (and I AM a baker, so I'm flummoxed), I salvaged it by basically dumping it into a springform pan and baking it while covered. It's ugly, but DELISH!

No beets here.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful - I want to jump through this screen to eat it! Your salad presentation was great! Nice work.
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Nice! That looks great and what a fun idea to share with the office.

Comment

oh - and I just don't get the "food is fuel" thing. I wish I did, but I'm sitting here relishing in my soreness from my desperate attempts to lose weight, and using that to keep from going and eating THE REST OF THE PUMPKIN CAKE RIGHT NOW.

Comment

I ended up serving the soup in coffee mugs and the salad on small paper plates, other than that it was great. Our office is very small, six of us in all!
                Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
                  I loved it!!!! I have eaten way too many beets (I made two batches) in the past few days. I would definitely make the soup and the beets again. I'm not a baker, so I surprised myself with how good the cake turned out. I enjoyed cooking all of it. Jory really liked the soup, and he is usually one of those "food is fuel" people. When I go away I get him extra boxes of cereal and milk!! I picked up blue cheese instead of gorgonzola by mistake, but it was still very good. Thanks again for organizing this.

This may be a stupid question but what is the difference between gorgonzola and blue cheese? I thought they were the same thing?
                  Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I "think" gorgonzola is a type of blue cheese. I bought Danish Blue instead of Gorgonzola. They taste different to me, but maybe it is my imagination!!!! I'll bet Heidi can tell us.
                    Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
                      I "think" gorgonzola is a type of blue cheese. I bought Danish Blue instead of Gorgonzola. They taste different to me, but maybe it is my imagination!!!! I'll bet Heidi can tell us.
                      Yes, gorganzola is a type of blue cheese. Blue cheese is the category. There could be a lot of difference in them, or not much at all depending on the cheeses and brand. Other types of blue cheeses are Roquefort and Stilton. It's just like Pecorino is a type of romano. Gorganzola comes from Italy. Blue cheese just refers to the blue mold they put in the cheese, and is just a generic term for that category of cheeses. You are just as likely to find a difference in blue cheeses as in parmesan, but the differences can be almost none or like the difference between the stuff in the green can and the parmesan reggiano.

Comment

I made the soup last night...plan to eat it tonight and tomorrow.

I didn't really know what I was doing with the whole dark crust deglaze thing...I thought I did, but it ended up burning on the bottom and then I scraped the burnt bits back in. So then I fished out black flecks when I was done....but there was no way I could get them all. Maybe my heat was too high? But then it was taking longer than 8 min for the water to evaporate. Maybe I wasn't stirring enough? It smells great though!
                        Attached Files
                        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Just wanted to post, I love how we all have Le Creuset stock pots.
                          Brandi
                          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bokelley View Post
                            Just wanted to post, I love how we all have Le Creuset stock pots.
                            Ours is blue, and we have a small oval lime-green one too. Love, love, love them!
                            Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I don't have one. Wish I did. I will someday.

Comment

Working...
                              X