Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Favorite Coffee Cakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Coffee Cakes?

I just ordered these and these to do mini coffee cake type things for holiday gifts, and am trying to decide what cakes to make. I think I'll do the pumpkin cream cheese recipe I posted for Luanne, but need 2 or 3 others to have a variety.

Suggestions are appreciated!

Cinnamon Coffee Cake

Cake:
    1/3 c packed light brown sugar
    2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 c chopped walnuts
    1 pkg yellow cake mix
    1 pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
    3/4 c canola oil
    3/4 c water
    4 large eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Glaze:
    1 c sifted confectioner's sugar
    2 tbsp milk, cream, or half & half
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Mist pan w/ canola oil spray. (The recipe calls for a bundt pan but I make this either in 2 9-inch layer pans or muffin tins. A loaf pan would probably work too. Baking times will have to be adjusted accordingly.)

Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.

Sprinkle walnuts in the bottom of the prepared pan and set aside.

Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, water, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl and mix until thick and smoth.

Pour 1/2 of the batter in the pans. Scatter sugar and cinnamon mixture over batter. Pour in remainder of batter.

Bake until golden brown and springy. (55-60 minutes for bundt pan. 28-30 minutes for layer pans). Allow cake to cool completely.

For the glaze, combine the sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a small bowl. Spoon over top of cooled cake.
    Last edited by MrsK; 12-01-2009, 11:32 AM.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

It just links to the cinnamon roll pan but I am guessing you picked the star and the tree because it says those are for coffeecake.

What a fantastic idea! I think I may steal it from you next year (this year is just crazy - but who am I kidding, next year may be even worse!).

Pumpkin creamcheese coffee cake sounds devine! I don't think I can top that, but I am a fan of the classic cherry or blueberry coffee cake with the crumble on top!
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I have a pumpkin struesal cake recipe if you are interested....but that might be too much pumpkin with the other recipe. The other coffee cake recipes I use are from AllRecipes.
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
          It just links to the cinnamon roll pan but I am guessing you picked the star and the tree because it says those are for coffeecake.
          Sorry - their display is kind of weird & doesn't show a whole new page. I actually picked the small round 'pans' and the small square 'pans'. I plan to do 3 mini-cakes for each family so there is an assortment.

Comment

Those are cool! Cook's Illustrated had a really good apple snack cake a while ago. That might work.

Comment

All of them
              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'll ask my mom. She's got a bunch.

and, if I don't get back here to post, call me and remind me.

Jenn

Comment

I first response each time I see this thread is "Um, hmm, um, all of them?" I didn't realize I should narrow it down.

This looks like a great gift idea.
                  Kris

Comment

Working...
                  X