Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Masa Harina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masa Harina

Heidi, I found another recipe for the Masa Harina!!!!!!! I might try it this weekend. I have spent all day cooking pulled pork to go with my blackeyed peas and collard greens.

Any thoughts for January recipes?

Fried Pickles with Spicy Dipping Sauce

Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2000
    Serves: about 2 cups fried pickles, en
    Ingredients

For sauce:
    • 2 eggs
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 lemon, juiced
    • 2 cups canola oil
    • 1/4cup ketchup
    • 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
    • 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
    • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    • 1 teaspoon Crystal Hot sauce
    • 2 tablespoons chopped scallions (green part only)
    • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 lemon, juiced
    For the pickles:
    • 1 1/2 cups sliced dill pickles, drained and patted dry
    • 4 eggs
    • 1 cup milk
    • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
    • 1 cup masa harina
    • 2 tablespoons Essence Creole seasoning, recipe follows
    • Oil, for deep-frying
    Directions

Prepare sauce: In a blender combine eggs, salt, and juice of half a lemon. Process briefly to combine. While motor is running, add oil in a slow, steady stream until mayonnaise has emulsified. Transfer to a non-reactive bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to serve with fried pickles.
    Drain pickle slices on paper towels. Combine the eggs and milk. Coat pickles with egg wash. Combine cornmeal and masa harina and season with Essence. Transfer pickles to seasoned cornmeal, shake off any excess, and deep fry in 350 degree F. oil in batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain well on paper towels before serving with SPICY DIPPING SAUCE alongside BBQ PULLED PORK.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

I love fried pickles. Ack!

No ideas yet. I will think about it and try to post a menu this weekend. Do you have any ideas? If you have something you want, PM me!
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Maybe one healthy recipe of any kind (but not necessarily) considering the past two months!!!!!! I don't think I posted pictures or anything from November. I'll do better this time. Of course I still have to get my cookies done and in the mail!!!!!!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I was thinking a healthier menu might be a good idea, but healthier options are hard for me....I'll work on it.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Working...
        X