Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Cake Pops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandi did you ever try the melted frosting?

I ended up making one batch of these with chocolate cake, vanilla frosting and dipped in white (tinted pink) chocolate. The white chocolate is hard to work with! It sets really fast!
    Then I also made a batch of oreo truffles which were amazing. I dipped those in milk chocolate, which is much easier to work with so I think those came out better. Here are pictures:
    Attached Files

Comment

Very cute! I actually like working with the white chocolate... But, then again, I like chocolate of almost any kind.
      Kris

Comment

I've had the best luck with almond bark and the candy dipping pieces they sell at craft stores. Real chocolate was a mess
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I made the mint oreo truffles for St. Patrick's Day. I used the Wilton candy melt pieces and they worked pretty well. I've never seen the bark in any of the stores around here, but it sounds like something else I will have to investigate. I have to work on my dipping technique though. I used a fork and must not have frozen the truffles long enough, because when I tried to remove the fork from the truffle, I created a gaping hole in the coating and the truffle. Does this happen to other people? And in some of them, the truffle was oozing out of the coating. I know a second coating would have helped, but I didn't have enough candy melts (or time) for that. But they tasted good, DF's co-workers gobbled them all up. Night float makes people do crazy things, lol!

Perhaps I will try this again for Easter, but make cake pops instead!

Oh and this was the first official use of my new Kitchenaid food processor! I've never had a food processor before and I'm in love!! <3
          Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
            I made the mint oreo truffles for St. Patrick's Day. I used the Wilton candy melt pieces and they worked pretty well. I've never seen the bark in any of the stores around here, but it sounds like something else I will have to investigate. I have to work on my dipping technique though. I used a fork and must not have frozen the truffles long enough, because when I tried to remove the fork from the truffle, I created a gaping hole in the coating and the truffle. Does this happen to other people? And in some of them, the truffle was oozing out of the coating. I know a second coating would have helped, but I didn't have enough candy melts (or time) for that. But they tasted good, DF's co-workers gobbled them all up. Night float makes people do crazy things, lol!

Perhaps I will try this again for Easter, but make cake pops instead!

Oh and this was the first official use of my new Kitchenaid food processor! I've never had a food processor before and I'm in love!! <3
            I think some of the gaping hole is because the chocolate coating cools quickly around the frozen balls. What happens if you heat the coating up just a bit more? I have found that it helps to get a nicer coating.
            Kris

Comment

I've also had the best luck with the almond bark - I did A's sesame street pops in the candy melts and they dry super fast!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
              X