Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Toaster Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toaster Oven

Ok, ladies - I need a new toaster oven. Seems you're always best with the other appliance recommendations.

I've already looked at Consumer Reports just want to some personal opinions or other reviews.

Thanks!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Do you want convection? Mine is pretty nice - will not die, it is a convection/toaster oven (Euro Pro) that I bought at Target I think. The thing will-not-die. I want it to die so that I can justify buying a new one because I do not like the convection. I feel like it does a great job baking but not so great job toasting...seems to take longer than a cheapie toaster. I'd rather get a great "toaster"...so I can sit I watch my bread get brown.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I don't really have a preference on the convection, probably not because they seem to be so much bigger and we don't really have the space. I've already been to Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohl's. I guess I'm going to Target this afternoon.

Comment

I've consistently gone with black n decker over the years and its been my favorite (my parents have had a few others but I still prefer black n decker). My only complaint is that you no longer "push down a button" to toast... you turn a knob...and I don't know why but I feel like with toast I should push a button down...

I think THIS is closest to our model.
        Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Since we're just cooking for the two of us, we use our convection toaster oven for baking All. The. Time. we *love* it. It's the cuisinart model they have at costco (we got it on sale at amazon). Small size and convection means it cooks *so* much faster than our full-size oven. Love that it's all-electronic, no guesswork. Toasting at "3" toasts the same every time, even when it takes more/less time because it's warmer or cooler to start with. Pretty cool!

ours looks like this, but black, and is probably a slightly older version than this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000PYF768
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

If you're coming through KC anytime soon, I've got one in the basement you're welcome to have.

Comment

Thanks Jenn but we won't be in KC until June and Adele didn't know what to do without her bagel this morning and Brian couldn't warm his bread for dinner last night. Its one of those things that you don't realize how much you use until its gone. I'm really hoping I don't have to order one, we're off to Target and Macy's next. I've already struck out at Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohl's.

Marissa, you're the 2nd person to recommend a B&D so I'm going to see what I can find.

Comment

I'm partial to toaster ovens as I don't like to reheat in a microwave. We had a B&D one for 6 years but then the oven feature stopped working, it kept toasting well though. It was also beginning to look icky and the venting on the back also got ick all over the wall, so we got a new one by DeLonghi. I'm pretty sure it's the simplest model they make, it's a very basic toaster oven and was only $40. I don't like when toasters take up half the counter either and this one is very compact.

Comment

We bought a B&D at Target, it seems to work great so far. Its a little bigger then I would have liked but its fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X