Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What do you like to throw on the grill?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please share this asada sauce recipe!!!! I love anything on the grill, burgers,chicken, steaks, fish, veggies. Absolutely anything. I also like corn on the cob with Old Bay. Another way is to use chili powder, butter, and lime juice.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Another way is to use chili powder, butter, and lime juice.
      Mmm...gotta try that!
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

kabobs...so darn easy give you your meat and veggies in one hit. I usually do chicken, bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, and zucchini. Cover in any store marinade...my favorite is Jack Daniels honey teryaki in a bag. Skewer, stick them in the marinade bag for easy clean up.

Comment

Thanks!!!
          I love asparagus on the grill -- zucchini and onions, too. I'll have to go to Schaub's and try this famous steak out, Tara. When I googled it, one guy wrote in a review that he drives from San Francisco just to pick up these steaks!
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

London broil. Not sure how my dad makes it, just that it's on the rarer side of medium and it's really damn good. I'm trying to teach DF to make it this way, but I'm not having much luck. I think I'm just going to have to learn the recipe and make it myself!

Portobello mushrooms are awesome on the grill, especially the big caps that you can make a sandwich out of. Yum!

And I really think that I could eat zucchini all the time, grilled or not. I'm going to see if we have any in the fridge right now!!
            Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

last summer we did grilled watermelon wedges, they were amazing - it completely changes the texture of the "meat" until it is almost the density of a tuna steak
              - Eric: Husband to PGY3 Neuro

Comment

Grilled peaches are my fav. Mangos too. I have a friend that cooks everything on the grill in the summer...cakes included. Her food always tastes awesome.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I've recently grilled lamb chops and they came out amazing. If you're going to use bamboo skewers, don't forget to soak them in water first or they'll burn.

I've done very well with skirt steak on the grill but can't seem to get the thicker steaks right. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

We ended up grilling salmon and portabella mushrooms. I made a pasta salad and that was it! At the Ferry Market in SF there were only leafy veggies and some root vegetables.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Grilled pineapple is amazing. I like to grill a steak like they do in Florence- rub in a little olive oil and then salt and pepper. Throw some rosemary springs (big ones) on the grate and then the steak on top so that the flavor infuses into the meat. YUM. Serve rare.

Jenn

Comment

Pizza on the grill is fantastic. You make the dough, roll it out into personal sized pizzas, spray the grill (carefully) with cooking spray, and put the dough on there- then flip to the other side, add toppings- serve hot! Oh, it's so good...

Comment

Pizza on the grill sounds great!!!! Do you have a recipe for the dough?
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Sadly, the one I used to use we got from Cooks Illustrated, but we stopped subscribing. I found one on All Recipes though that had high ratings:
                            http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pizza-O...-I/Detail.aspx

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
                            Pizza on the grill sounds great!!!! Do you have a recipe for the dough?

Comment

Working...
                            X